The position of Line Cook is the backbone of culinary industry. A line cook gets excellent benefits besides a high salary and meal discounts, health benefits and more. If you’re interested in advancement of your career, there are excellent progression opportunities within this profession.
This culinary professional is responsible for providing food to patrons and customers by following recipes, piece controls and presentation specifications of menu items.
Following are some qualifications of Line Cook. You might use these phrases when prepare your resume or advertise a job.
• 3+years’ experience in food service and hospitality arena
• Well-versed in preparing food items constantly while adhering to recipe standards
• Highly skilled in setting up stations in the restaurant
• Committed to practice, check, and strengthen food safety procedures
• Competent at creating and upholding a safe working environment
• Able to re-stock all items as required all through shift
• Proven record of delivering outstanding customer service
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with patrons and staff
• Good math and written communication skills
• Track record of working in a flexible timetable based on employer’s requirements
• Possess food handler’s card
• Eager to perform all kinds of additional tasks assigned by the manager
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quick, accurate and excellent customer relationships
• Proficient in maintaining a safe working environment utilizing food safety plan
• Track record of working efficiently in a fast-paced and noisy environment