700 California Street, Lake Charles, LA 56900
LEAD LINE COOK
16+ years’ progressive experience in prepping ingredients and preparing dishes following menu specifications. Qualified to make soups, stocks, and sauces along with ensuring correct food temperature at all times. An inborn leader who efficiently manages the activities of line cooks and kitchen staff, and oversees food preparation to ensure quality production. Expertly handles maintenance, setup, food production, and quality control of all meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. Recognized for enforcing and maintaining food service standards and monitoring plate presentations to ensure quality and consistency.
• Food Preparation
• Kitchen Sanitation
• Food Production Codes
• Safe Food Handling
• Portion Management
• Cook Line Restocking
• Equipment Maintenance
• Introduced a standardized procedure for portion control which resulted in 50% fewer complaints from restaurant patrons.
• Reorganized the food inventory system, which led to reducing food wastage costs by 40%.
• Implemented preventative maintenance on kitchen appliances, increasing their life by 30%.
• Held 12 workshops on safe handling procedures, as part of the induction process of experienced but newly hired line cooks.
Lead Line Cook
Xanterra Resorts, Lake Charles, LA
11/2018 – Present
• Handle food stocking and rotation duties by following set inventory management standards.
• Enforce appropriate sanitation practices and compliance with policy and health regulations to minimize food spoilage.
• Make soups, stocks, and sauces and assist the head chef by cutting, chopping, and marinating food items.
• Oversee food preparation work and ensure that the kitchen staff is working according to set quality standards.
• Ascertain that all storage and refrigeration areas are kept clean and sanitized.
• Monitor plate presentations to ensure portion control, quality, and consistency of orders.
• Follow the step by step procedures to create dishes such as salads and starters.
• Assist head chef with cooking duties by monitoring cooking or baking times.
Fareast Restaurant, Lake Charles, LA
2/2011 – 11/2018
• Assisted chefs in preparing food items ordered by restaurant patron by providing logistical support.
• Made soups, sauces, and curries according to set recipe standards.
• Cut, chopped and marinated meats and ensured that fruits and vegetables were adequately diced and stored.
• Handled food rotation duties to minimize spoilage and maintained inventories to provide a consistent supply of food items.
• Handled cleaning and maintenance of kitchen appliances such as grills, fryers, and ovens and ensured that all counters and floors were kept clean and sanitized.
ServSafe® Food Handler Certificate – 2000
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts – 1999
City Community and Technical College, Lake Charles, LA