A cover letter for an account manager’s resume is not a job application. In fact, it is a short and specific letter that should accompany your resume, folio, or any documents that you send to a prospective employer.
How to Write a Perfect and Professional Cover Letter for Account Manager Position?
- Make your account manager cover letter as unique as possible.
- Send your cover letter to the individual who has the authority to hire you (not “‘To Whom It May Concern” or “Dear Sir / Madam”).
- Keep away from sending a standard ‘one-size-fits-all’ cover letter.
View the sample account manager cover letter below to get a better idea.
Sample Cover Letter for Account Manager Job
336 Pine Street
Atlantic City, NJ 52748
December 10, 2020
Mr. John Smith
Human Resources Manager
35 North Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 65555
Re: Account Manager (Job Ref # 1444)
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am pleased to apply for the position of Account Manager at ABC Company, as there is a substantial parity between my qualifications and your needs. Utilizing my postgraduate degree in Accounting and 6+ years’ hands-on experience with different financial institutions, I would be able to contribute efficiently to ABC Company.
Through my hands-on experiences as an account manager in busy environments, I gained skills in setting goals and quotas and making plans to meet them. I am known to establish and build long-term relationships with potential customers while providing efficient service to existing accounts. Also, I know how to identify new business opportunities, initiate communication channels with stakeholders, evaluate their needs, and sell the company’s products or services.
My areas of expertise include:
- Managing the company’s current clients while actively searching for opportunities to achieve new accounts and new market segments
- Diagnosing customers’ needs and wants accurately utilizing efficient relationship building and networking skills
- Overseeing sales programs to ensure revenue targets are met
- Analyzing and reporting forecasts, budgets items, and results
- Maintaining client records and measuring additional sales potential and profitability of existing accounts
As a results-focused Account Manager, I would welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and talents in detail. I will call you next week to see whether you require any additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.