Account Manager Cover Letter Guidelines
A cover letter for account manager resume is not a job application.
In fact, it is a short and specific letter that should accompany your resume, folio or any documents that you send to a prospective employer.
Make your account manager cover letter as unique as possible.
Send your cover letter to the individual who has the authority to hire you (not “‘To Whom It May Concern” or “Dear Sir / Madam”).
Keep away from sending a standard ‘one-size-fits-all’ cover letter.
See the sample account manager cover letter below to get a better idea.
Account Manager Cover Letter Sample
336 Pine Street
Atlantic City, NJ 52748
January 17, 2019
Mr. John Smith
Human Resources Manager
35 North Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 65555
Re: Account Manager (Job Ref # 1444)
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am pleased to apply for the position of Account Manager at ABC Company, as there is a substantial parity between my qualifications and your needs. Utilizing my post graduate degree in Accounting and 6+ years’ hands-on experience with different financial institutions, I would be able to contribute efficiently to ABC Company.
Through my hands-on experiences as an account manager in busy environments, I gained skills in setting goals and quotas and making plans to meet them. I can establish and build long-term relationships with potential customers while providing efficient service to existing accounts. I know how to identify new business opportunities, initiate communication channels with stakeholders, evaluate their needs and sell the company’s products or services.
My areas of expertise include:
• Managing the company’s current clients while actively searching for opportunities to achieve new accounts and new market segments.
• Diagnosing customers’ needs and wants accurately utilizing efficient relationship building and networking skills.
• Overseeing sales programs to ensure revenue targets are met.
• Analyzing and reporting forecasts, budgets items and results.
• Maintaining client records and measuring additional sales potential and profitability of existing accounts.
As a results-focused Account Manager, I would welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and talents in detail. I will call you next week to see whether you require any additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.