A line cook prepare different kinds of food, help kitchen workers in the preparation of food items and set up allocated stations for menu, as instructed by Chef and in compliance with standards.
They also arrange, prepare and break down the buffets and food displays while maintaining the uppermost level of hygienic standards.
Following are some standard duties and responsibilities of this professional which might be used effectively to build a line cook resume.
See also: Line Cook Cover Letter
• Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
• Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
• Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
• Cover, date and correctly store all food prep items
• Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
• Serve menu items in keeping with with standards of establishment
• Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
• Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
• Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times
• Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
• Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager