A Caregiver Skills Resume is useful for entry-level candidates who have a little or no experience, or possess a diverse background and want to organize all relevant information into a logical format, or for somebody who is changing career. It emphasizes skills and capabilities over work experience. Caregiver Skills can be established through different means such as caregiving courses, volunteer or summer work and personal experiences. You should do your best to match your transferable skills to the caregiver position or employer.
Caregiver Resumes have the capacity to deliver to the employer a candidate’s skills and experience. While one might argue why they can not be simply put on a piece of paper, it is important that an employer receives some kind of structure which depicts all these attributes. A resume as well as a cover letter for caregiver position should be short, to the point and relevant to the job description provided by employer in the advertisement.
8 Heather Road ♦ Newark, DE 77722 ♦ Cell: (999) 000-0999 ♦ Email:
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Caregiver position at ABC Organization. Bringing compassion and care giving skills in order to assist residents live a better life.
• 8+ years’ hands-on experience in personal care arena
• Highly skilled in providing resident care in accordance to the facility’s protocols
• Well versed in designing and implementing activities to keep the residents
• Proficient in preparing food based on each resident’s individual needs
• CPR and first aid Certified
• Computer – MS Office Applications
• Bilingual – Spanish and English
|• Safe patient handling||• Time management||• Sanitation standards|
|• Emergency responding||• Agile and empathetic||• Communication|
January 2006 – May 2014
Newark Residents – Newark, DE
• Provided care to multicultural patients under the facility’s laws and protocols
• Took and recorded vital signs
• Performed first aid and emergency response procedures when necessary
• Prepared and served meals
• Assisted residents with bathing, changing and toileting
• Performer light housekeeping tasks including cleaning and laundry
• Assisted residents by involving with them in daily activities
• Accompanied residents to and from the facility for appointments and other activities
High School Diploma | CITY SCHOOL, Newark, DE – 2005