If you enjoy helping others and looking for a career that makes a difference in your and peoples’ life, then choose your career as a caregiver.
As a caregiver, you will need to:
- give direct care to elderly and senior residents
- complete the assignments
- help in maintaining an encouraging physical and psychosocial environment
- support core values of esteem, honesty, commitment, and trust
Finding a job as a senior caregiver might be very difficult in the current job market.
With a large number of people competing for a similar position, your resume requires to stand out and let the reader know what a significant contribution you would make as a senior caregiver.
When writing a resume for a senior caregiver job, it is essential to include all the compassionate and caring attributes that would make you an exceptional candidate.
Senior Caregiver Resume Writing Tips
Before starting your caregiver resume, identify all the related qualities that make you an outstanding candidate for the job.
Keep in mind that employers want to see resumes that tell them you are compassionate, dependable, professional and skilled in your duties.
Demonstrate all of these kinds of skills on your resume by listing your professional experience, civic activities and any volunteer work you have done before.
Also, include a Caregiver Cover Letter with your job application.
Senior Caregiver Resume Sample
326 Example Avenue, Nashville, TN 52147
Compassionate, trustworthy and client-focused – a strong desire to work for older adults.
• Over five years’ progressively responsible experience in personal care and housekeeping field.
• Highly skilled in grooming, toileting, bathing, dressing and transferring elderly clients.
• Well-versed in assisting residents and clients with all kinds of activities of daily living.
• Ability to record and report changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
|• On-time medication
• Recreational activities
• Ambulation and vital signs
• Light housekeeping
|• Meal preparation
• Grooming and dressing
• Transportation to appointments
• Errands and shopping
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. – Nashville, TN | 2015-Present
• Help residents with ADL’s utilizing cooperative service plans
• Provide excellent resident care under the supervision of a certified caregiver
• Promote residents’ dignity, freedom, and choice
• Observe the physical and mental condition of residents on a regular basis
• Report any changes to the PCA
• Assist seniors to and from dining room and activities
• Take and record vital signs of patients and residents
• Actively perform first aid and emergency response tasks
Best Care Senior Services – Richmond, VA | 2012-2015
• Greeted residents, visitors, and staff considerately and answered phones
• Assisted residents at mealtime
• Served the meals in the dining room
• Assisted with the dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance
• Helped residents with move-ins, move-outs, and transfers
• Supported in laundry and housekeeping services for residents
• Reported any hazardous conditions or equipment quickly
• Attended and participated in training, in-services, and staff meeting
6-months’ Caregiver Training
West-wood Community College, Nashville, TN – 2011
Current BLS, CPR and First Aid
Nashville High School, Nashville, TN – 2010
Current Driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Ability to take the initiative and react quickly in the emergency