Your Patient Care Assistant Resume is the most valuable tool for introducing yourself to a possible employer. So it must be attractive, informative, professional, and well organized.
Writing a successful resume along with an effective PCA Cover Letter takes care, consideration, and planning.
Keep in mind, first impressions count – so, be careful while writing your resume.
This sample can help you create an attractive resume that represents you to your full benefit.
See also: PCA Resume Objectives
Mary Smith, CNA
69 Example Street | Newburyport, MA 65921 | Contact # | Email
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT
Delivering safe, appropriate and quality patient care.
Results-driven professional with a track record of providing care and comfort to patients from different backgrounds. Able to communicate changes in patients’ conditions. Demonstrated knowledge of procedures and standards related to patient care activities. Able to follow the procedures and treatments as defined for unit. Known for taking measures to ensure patient and family satisfaction with service provided.
|● Vital Signs||● EKG||● Intake/Output|
|● Glucometry||● Specimen Collection||● Supply Management|
|● Phlebotomy||● Documentation||● HIPPA Compliance|
|● Sterilization||● Patient Transportation||● Neat Appearance|
[Mention your achievements here]
Anna Jaques Hospital – Newburyport, MA
Patient Care Assistant, Dec 2010 – Present
• Take vital signs and collected specimen
• Observe and report any changes in patient condition
• Assist with personal cleanliness, nutrition, elimination and activity
• Set-up apparatus and ongoing monitoring of patients with equipment
• Transport patients to other departments and operation unit of the hospital
• Distribute patient education materials
• Maintain current patient information on tracking system
Columbia St. Mary’s – Milwaukee, WI
PCA Internee, May 2010 – Dec 2010
• Provided basic supportive care to patients
• Kept patient room sanitized and orderly
• Provided nutrition as indicated
• Collected specimen
• Changed dressing
• Gave comfort measures such as pillow and blankets
• Performed department maintenance activities such as stocking, cleaning, ordering and procuring supplies
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Milwaukee, WI – 2009
Nursing Assistant Certification – 2010
Basic Life Support Certification – 2011
• Excellent customer service skills
• Basic computer and math skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of patient rights, aseptic and sterile techniques
• Strong awareness of infection control practices