Patient care associates provide direct patient care and also perform some clerical tasks within a health care facility. Depending on the place that they are employed in, patient care associates are responsible for a number of tasks including assisting patients with grooming and bathing and also perform medical tasks such as taking vitals and administering medication.
With a high school diploma and some nursing training, you can apply for a patient care associate job.
A resume for Patient Care Associate (PCA) position highlights your qualifications, skillset, related experience, certifications and education. Writing a job-winning resume for a PCA requires time, research and attention.
The following resume sample caters to the application needs of people wanting to work at this position.
481 Hat Six Road ❁ Casper, WY 7092
Cellular: (000) 834-6267 ❁ Email: barbara @ email . com
*Patient Care Associate*
Accomplished Patient Care Associate with over five years’ progressively responsible experience in personal-care, staff support, and general office administration. In depth knowledge of clinical and technical aspects associated with patient care. Conversant with use of medical equipment for medical procedures and surgeries.
Exceptional communicator and multitasker who promotes and adheres to facility’s mission, vision, values and standards of behavior.
• Medical terminology
• Patient management techniques
• Conflict handling
• Flexible schedule
• Keen eye for detail
|Patient Care Skills|
|✓ Bathing Assistance||✓ Toileting Assistance||✓ Turning and positioning|
|✓ Personal Hygiene||✓ Nutrition||✓ Ambulation|
|✓ Comfort Keeping||✓ Safety Implementation||✓ Mobility Support|
Casper Memorial Hospital, Casper, WY | March 2014 – Present
Patient Care Associate
• Assist patients with getting up and dressed
• Manage patients’ toileting needs
• Administer medication and take vitals
• Set up procedural and surgical instruments
• Assist physicians with patient care
• Answer patient questions and assist accounting with billing activities
• Deal with complaints and facilitate communication between patients and doctors
St. Louis Community Hospital, Casper, WY | May 2012 – Mar 2014
• Assisted doctors in patient care tasks
• Helped patients with grooming and toileting activities
• Took and logged vitals as instructed
• Administered medication as directed
• Maintained patient files and logs
• Performed some accounting tasks
• Created a point of contact for the patients and families
Casper High School, Casper, WY | 2011
High School Diploma
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Current Certified Nursing Assistant