Patient Care Technicians assist patients, physicians and other healthcare staff in providing direct patient care within a variety of settings. These may include hospitals, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes.
A patient care technician may be required to collect samples, record health information and assist patients with personal needs. PCTs are required to have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent. Employers prefer candidates who have had some training in patient care but it is not absolutely necessary as there is a lot to learn on the job.
Applying for this position will require a candidate to write a resume that possesses specific information about patient care and related activities. Understanding that the most important part of a resume is the objective statement, candidates must be very careful when writing one as they will need to place an entire skills set in just a couple of sentences. Here are some you can use:
Patient Care Technician Resume Objective Samples
1. Looking for a position as a Patient Care Technician at Family Hospital where knowledge of patient care and corresponding experience in providing direct care will be utilized to assist healthcare staff effectively.
2. A position as a Patient Care Technician with Green Hospice utilizing compassionate nature to assist patients in handling everyday work that they are unable to perform themselves
3. To obtain a position of Patient Care at Sava Senior Care. Offering extensive experience in working in an assisted living facility with the passion to work for towards helping the elderly live a dignified life
4. Seeking a Patient Care Technician position with Alley Don Hospital where my patient care skills and medical knowledge are utilized to assist the hospital staff with looking after patients
5. A trained PCT looking for a similar position at Seven Seas Hospital. Bringing wide knowledge of a hospital environment with a compassionate nature to complement the position