Resumes for store associate position might be written in numerous formats including general or chronological, functional, CV’s, federal, skills and targeted. Apart from the format you prefer, it is essential to bear in mind that the ultimate goal of the store associate resume is to get you invited to an interview.
Your resume contains the qualifications, knowledge, skills and work experiences that have prepared you for the store associate job. You have to make your resume reader-friendly so that the employer will be able to find the most important information instantly. On standard, employers spend 5-9 seconds looking at a resume at primary glance! Therefore your resume has a little time to make a big impression.
Below is a good example of resume for store associate position. Please pay attention to the writing style of this resume in addition to the format.
35 Example 8th Street ● Dallas, TX 21410 ● (000) 656-3343 ● Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Store Associate position with ABC Franchise utilizing customer service skills, cash handling abilities and extensive experience in retail environment to ensure the company’s success.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 1 year’s experience as a Store Associate
• Highly skilled in providing excellent service and greeting guests in the store
• Well versed in balancing inventory transactions
• Hands-on experience in handling the cash register
• Track record of providing information, responding simple questions and determining nature of customer complaints
• Able to provide assistance to customers in handling heavy items
• Demonstrated ability to operate an electronic checkout system, and make and verify change
• Proven ability to sweep and mop floors
• Thorough understanding of safety practices and procedures
• Comprehensive knowledge of stocking shelves and coolers
Store Associate | Batteries Plus LLC. – Auburn Hills, MI | March 2012 – Present
• Greet customers, find out their needs and reply questions
• Categorize daily recovery of displays to attain full store appearance
• Operate computer and manual cash register to complete sales transactions
• Respond phone and ensure messages are relayed
• Maintain retail shelf label pricing
• Rotate and stock inventory
• Load, unload, and arrange delivery of products
• Prepare store for daily opening and closing
• Perform general cleaning functions such as sweeping and mopping
Mention non-relevant employments in this section
Diploma: DALLAS CITY HIGH SCHOOL, Dallas, TX, 2010
• Demonstrated ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company’s electronic retail and cross reference system
• Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical problem solving skills
• Profound ability to handle multiple tasks to efficiently prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record