Since content writing is a multifaceted field, the job seekers may be required to write on any topic ranging from product reviews to essay writing guidelines.
It is recommended to find out the type of topics and categories the particular company deals with and demonstrate your relevant knowledge as well.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for Content Writer Job?
In a resume for a content writing job, mention your proficiency in grammar, the accuracy of content, and SEO knowledge.
Considering the nature of the content writing job, your resume should be a sample of your excellent writing skills.
See the example below to get ideas on writing a great resume.
Sample Resume for Content Writer Position
609 Amy Lane, Los Angeles, CA 34552
❖❖ CONTENT WRITER ❖❖
Committed to producing genuine, non-plagiarized, high quality, error-free, and persuasive content.
Results-driven Content Writer with an 8-plus-years successful track record of writing concise and fact-filled content on different topics. Demonstrated ability to write compellingly using proper subheadings. A passionate individual who searches the web and collects information on any given subject. Exceptional talent for using bullet lists and embedded links throughout the text, and proofreading content to check for logical and grammatical errors.
- Excellent command of English grammar and punctuation
- Adept at MS Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with HTML and PHP
- Well-versed with WordPress and Joomla
- Knowledge of basic search engine optimization techniques
CONTENT WRITING EXPERIENCE
Baker Hughes, Los Angeles, CA
- Revise, hyperlink and proofread 100 articles weekly
- Update the blog regularly and responsibly on a daily basis
- Supervise three ad hoc content development projects singlehandedly during the holiday season, saving $80000 in one year
- Write relevant content to suit the needs of clients on a wide variety of topics
- Apply SEO techniques to ensure proper web optimization of content
- Use various software to incorporate required hyperlinks in the text
Internet Brands, Los Angeles, CA
- Led and trained a team of seven content writers, conducting weekly training sessions to keep them updated with latest SEO techniques
- Created unique content as per given topics
- Posted daily blogs regularly using the given ID
- Remained up to date with best SEO practices and applied the same
B.A, English Linguistics
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles, CA
Member: The American Society of Journalists and Authors