The position of Yardman falls into the category of the laborer.
The most important prerequisites for all yardman jobs are physical stamina and the ability to stand and perform physical labor for long hours.
The job also demands the ability to maintain relevant inventory, read and follow instructions related to freight and packaging, and label materials.
Some Yardman positions also require lawn maintenance and landscaping.
Familiarity with OSHA standards and a heavy vehicle driver’s license is always a plus for a yardman position.
Below is a resume example for a yardman position.
Yardman Resume Example
91 South East Avenue
Tucson AZ 55555
benjamin .carter @ email . com
Highly dexterous and meticulous yardman with great physical stamina and hand-eye coordination. 6+ years of experience working in diverse environments including confined spaces and heights. Proven expertise in freight management, store area maintenance, inventory keeping, and truck loading/unloading.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Fork Lift and excavator operation
• Inventory keeping
• Storage area/ building maintenance
• Shipment packaging and dispatch
• Storage tanks maintenance
• OSHA safety guidelines
• Ability to work efficiently in severe weather conditions
• Reduced errors in order delivery and shipment by 40% by implementing a pre-dispatch checklist.
• Identified costly forklift repairs on time.
• Implemented an organized shelving technique that reduced stock reconciliation time by 1 hour per day.
• Attained employee of the year award in 2021 for hard work, dedication, and punctuality.
Calumet Partners, Tucson AZ
Apr 2020 – Present
• Ensured all equipment was in operative condition and timely fueled.
• Maintained stock inventory of the storehouse.
• Organized the premises in a neat and clean condition.
• Performed maintenance of the building grounds and storage tanks.
• Packed and unpacked heavy packages as per requirement.
• Loaded all shipments safely onto trucks, labeled them, and maintained relevant inventory.
• Unloaded the incoming stock, counted and recorded the stock, and carried it to store rooms safely.
• Operated excavators and forklifts to lift heavy construction material.
• Carried out pre and post-shift inspections of stock and premises and reported any irregularity to the manager.
• Ensured application of safe workplace practices.
Mas Tech Utilities, Tucson AZ
Jan 2017 – Mar 2020
• Packed all material, labeled it, and loaded it safely in storage containers.
• Kept track of all material dispatched and maintained inventory for the stock.
• Loaded and unloaded storage containers as required.
• Operated forklift and other loading equipment efficiently.
• Maintained the storage area in neat and clean condition.
• Cleaned the packing and loading equipment periodically.
• Carried out minor repair works as needed at the facility.
• Covered for the drivers as and when required.
• Cleaned snow from the premises.
Forklift Operator’s License
Current Driver’s License