A well-written newspaper carrier resume can land you the job you desire. It is always a good idea to craft your resume intelligently and tailor it for each specific position you apply for.
Remember, your resume is your only chance to create a positive first impression on the potential recruiter. For this reason, it is always an excellent idea to seek the help of a professional while writing your resume.
How to write a great resume for a newspaper carrier position?
Here are some useful tips regarding effective resume writing:
1. Start your resume with a well-written summary statement.
2. Add some of your cores skills and competencies
2. Write your experiences in reverse chronological order.
4. Highlight some of your professional achievements.
Here is a sample newspaper carrier resume for your guidance.
Newspaper Carrier Resume Sample
566 Riverdale Avenue
Tampa FL 33333
francis .hart @ email.com
Service-focused and dependable newspaper carrier with good physical stamina and strong numeracy skills, bringing 5+ years of experience in newspaper delivery. Apt at navigating routes, loading vehicles, and making timely deliveries. Class B CDL with a good driving record.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Great physical stamina and strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to use GPS and navigate routes
• Good time management skills and punctuality
• Strong numeracy skills and sharp memory
• Record keeping and inventory management
Thompsons LLC, Tampa FL
Aug 2019 – Present
• Saved fuel consumption by $3000 per year by chalking out and implementing a cost-effective route for deliveries
• Achieved 100% satisfactory feedback from customers due to timeliness and punctuality
• Reached the hub for the collection of newspapers at the assigned hour
• Loaded stacks of newspapers into the vehicle
• Operated assigned route daily starting as early as 3:00 AM
• Closely listened to and noted the subscriber’s complaints and relayed the same to the company
Assistant Newspaper Carrier
Ledford Distributing Co, Tampa FL
Mar 2017- Jul 2019
• Repaired a pallet jack proactively, saving approximately $2000 in replacement cost.
• Managed the arrangement of the stack in the hub to save vehicle loading time by 5 minutes per driver.
• Used forklifts and pallet jacks to lift heavy newspaper stacks for loading in the vehicle.
• Maintained daily delivery inventories as per company protocols.
• Delivered three different newspapers according to the specifications of subscribers throughout the assigned route.
• Maintained the vehicle in neat, clean, functional, and fueled condition to ensure timely deliveries.
Class B CDL
High School Diploma
JF High School, Tampa, FL
English & Spanish