Best Sample Resume for Seamstress Position
[email protected] email . com
Creative and self-motivated sewing professional with 9+ years of extensive experience in creating custom-tailored clothes. Familiar with popular trends in fashion and garment design. A versatile individual who is competent in creating high-quality products in accordance with popular trends.
Solid technical background in working with leather, knits, double face, and beading. Track record of designing and stitching a wide variety of clothes for men and women. Able to use correlating equipment such as sewing machines, overlock machines, and steam irons.
– Sewing techniques – Pattern Making
– Lace design – Specialized garments
– Straight stitch – Alteration
– Fabric selection – Clothing arrangements
– Drape and proportions – Delicate fabric handling
– Measurements – Wedding gown design
- Designed the fishtail dress, worn by the movie star Scarlet Johansen at the BAFTA Awards 2014.
- Reigned in a marathon dressmaking run for an annual play, for an entire junior school, boasting of 554 students.
- Introduced the concept of double overlock, decreasing customer dissatisfaction rate by 90%.
- Created the store’s best design, which was completely sold out by the end of the 1st week.
Trump Clothesline, Portland, OR
8/2016 – Present
- Confer with customers in order to determine their clothes-making needs.
- Take notes of special instructions provided at the time of discussion.
- Suggest possible fabrics and colors that complement customers’ designs.
- Provide information on popular designs and trends in the market.
- Show customers different catalogs or profiles of stitched clothes to choose from.
- Take customers’ measurements and orders for alterations.
ABC Company, Portland, OR
6/2012 – 8/2016
- Provided customers with information on cuts and styles.
- Took final orders and provided a timeline for delivery.
- Selected fabrics, buttons, laces, trims, and hems.
- Sewed clothes according to instructions.
- Performed overlocking activities to ensure a proper finish.
- Provided customers with information on pricing.
- Researched popular fashion trends and competition information.
Seams, Portland, OR
10/2009 – 5/2012
- Took customers’ sizes or measurements and noted them down for reference purposes.
- Assisted seamstress in picking fabrics and colors for a designated stitching project.
- Contacted vendors and suppliers to check the availability and price of cloth, buttons, trims, and laces.
- Procured supplies and maintained the inventory of acquired supplies and stitching equipment.
- Provided support in running and maintaining stitching equipment.
St. John’s High School, Portland, OR | 2008
Recommended: Cover Letter for Seamstress Resume