There is no way that you can apply for a job if your resume is not in check.
An older version of your resume will not cut it when you are applying for a new job.
Hash it out – update it and make sure that it is written in a modern format.
Have a look at the sample below:
Tailor Resume Example
45 Old Manor Road, Newark, DE 91525
mell.tann @ email . com
Aesthetically blessed individual with a solid track record of handling designing and tailoring work in a high-volume work environment. Exceptionally well-versed in developing and creating clothing articles for customers, according to their specific requirements.
Timely and efficiently determines customers’ tailoring requirements by engaging them in conversation. Develops, copys and adopts designs for garments, by applying comprehension of design, styling and fabrics. Deep familiarity with making garment style changes, including tapering pant legs, and adding or removing padding.
|✓ Measurement Protocols||✓ Dress Fitting|
|✓ Alterations||✓ Pattern Positioning|
|✓ Garment Cost Estimates||✓ Garments Parts Assembly|
|✓ Design Adaptation||✓ Style Changes|
|✓ Sewing Machine Operations||✓ Fabric Shaping|
|✓ Vendor Relations||✓ Made-to-measure Clothing|
• Developed an entire clothing line for children, men and women, for an international brand.
• Reduced the cost of in-house designed and tailored clothes, by bringing onboard a less expensive fabric supplier.
• Introduced the idea of starting out a tailored brand, resulting in increased customer traffic.
• Trained 15 apprentices to work as tailor assistants, over a period of 6 months.
Express Tailors, Newark, DE | 5/2011 – Present
• Engage customers in conversation to determine their garment style and type requirements
• Assist customers in determining the right kind of style and cut that will suit them best
• Provide suggestions for tailored garments, based on current and future fashion trends
• Obtain fabric from suppliers and ensure that it is properly pretreated before using it for tailoring purposes
• Measure and cut fabric according to predetermined designs and sew garments using needles, threads and sewing machines
• Take up or let down seams and hems with a view to improve their fit, and assemble garment parts
• Handle required alterations on tailored suits, remove stiches and re-stitch garments as required
• Ascertain that all tailored garments are properly tagged, calculate costs and provide customers with bills
Luma Fashion House, Newark, DE | 2/2006 – 5/2011
• Set up sewing machines, ensuring that they were calibrated and ready for operations
• Remained in constant touch with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of sewing materials and fabric
• Ironed out wrinkles in fabric to make it production-ready, and assisted in setting it up for tailors
• Assisted in assembling garment parts, and joining them with basting stitches
• Handled alterations and garment repairing work, based on customers’ instructions
Delaware State University, Newark, DE | 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Designing
Last updated on