Construction workers perform a lot of duties including operating equipment that is used to apply grout, cement, concrete, and plaster to buildings.
They may be required to load and unload materials as per instructions and assist with masonry tasks.
A resume for a construction worker is a brief document, ideally no longer than one page, which communicates the candidate’s skills and experiences to the prospective employer.
How to Write a Good Resume for a Construction Worker Position?
In order to write the best construction worker resume, you have to follow these tips:
- Choose a simple format or template.
- Start your resume with an objective or summary statement followed by your skills.
- Customize your resume in accordance with the employer’s needs.
- Don’t add irrelevant information.
- Mention only 2 most recent and relevant experiences.
See also: Construction Worker Cover Letter Sample
Construction Worker Resume Sample 1 (Basic Version)
90 South 34th Street
Lubbock, TX 66637
(000) 912-9009, Email
To obtain a Construction Worker position with SS Company. Bringing exceptional manual dexterity, knowledge of architecture, and principles of physics to provide excellent construction services.
• 4+ years’ experience working as a laborer and construction worker
• Highly skilled in demolition and construction work including preparing layouts and erecting frameworks
• In-depth knowledge of operating general construction equipment
• Hands-on experience in tending machines that pump grout and cement
Fine Constructions – Lubbock, TX
Aug 2019 – Present
• Work as a team member to construct 30+ multistory buildings
• Mop, brush and spread paints
• Use jackhammers and other equipment necessary for construction work
• Position and seal structural components as directed
• Use cement mixers to mix, pour and spread concrete
• Spray finishing materials to seal surfaces
• Tend machines that pump concrete and other materials
Some Company – Lubbock, TX
Jan 2017 – Aug 2019
• Maintained an organized and sanitary work area
• Operated industrial power equipment
• Performed general maintenance tasks
• Ensured compliance with standard operating procedures
• Took security measures to avoid accidents
• Trained 12 new construction workers to use equipment such as cement mixers, computerized machinery, and hand tools
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL – Lubbock, TX – 2004
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Basic maths skills
• Ability to handle heavy material and equipment
• Ability to understand written and oral instructions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Sample Resume for Construction Worker Position (Example 2)
672 SE 35th Street, Topeka, KS 66367
earlwarren @ email . com
Physically dexterous, hardworking, and enthusiastic individual with 14+ years’ construction work experience. Adept at preparing sites for construction work by removing debris and hazardous materials and managing traffic flow to ensure smoothness of operations. Well-versed in operating large powered machinery and equipment such as saws, drills, grinders, and blowtorches.
• Ability to build and take apart bracing, barricades, scaffolding, and temporary structures
• Hands-on experience in performing regular and preventative maintenance on equipment used in construction projects
• Proficient in interpreting blueprints and construction designs to determine workspaces and specified duties
• Suggested obtaining raw materials from a bulk supplier which saved 50% on materials obtainment.
• Reined in a large construction project which was completed in a record time of 6 months.
• Trained 15 construction workers in using laser equipment and construction safety procedures.
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance which saved $10,000 in equipment repair.
HIGH CONCRETE GROUP LLC, Topeka, KS
(6/2015 – Present)
• Clear work sites of debris and other hazardous materials
• Read plans and instructions to determine the day’s activities
• Control traffic by erecting traffic cones and signs
• Assist equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery and equipment
• Mix cement and/or concrete and smooth freshly poured cement or concrete by utilizing floats, trowels, and screeds
• Operate and maintain air monitoring and sampling devices
• Install sewers, water, or storm drain pipes by using laser guidance equipment
• Gather components required to be placed in form and layout as directed by journeyman
• Perform steel cutting and mesh bending activities and locate fingerplates, bulkheads, and post-stressing components
• Perform general and preventative maintenance on construction equipment and machinery
ALPINE RESTORATION, Topeka, KS
(1/2011 – 6/2015)
• Assisted in clearing up work sites by removing hazardous materials and debris
• Unloaded and stacked building materials and placed tools and equipment in position
• Dug trenches and used hand tools and jackhammers to break up rock and concrete
• Mixed and poured spread concrete and ensure that it is leveled properly
• Assisted in dismantling small structures and stripping materials to prepare for new constructions
TOPEKA HIGH SCHOOL, Topeka, KS – 2000
– Traffic Control – Alignment Facilitation
– Scaffolding Erection – Excavation
– Site Preparation – Laser Equipment Use
– Concrete Mixing – Safety Procedures
– Preventative Maintenance – Salvaging & Pouring
– Roofing and Siding – Crane Operations
Construction Worker Resume Sample 3 (Advanced Version)
540 Olive Gardens, Omaha, NE 67220
david @ email . com
Good physical stamina and exceptional attention to detail.
Highly dependable Construction Worker with 11+ years of hands-on experience in performing intense labor work. Highly proficient in concrete mixing, scaffolding, and site preparation. A proven team player who has a profound ability to communicate at all levels of managers and coworkers.
• Expert in interpreting blueprints and executing construction plans.
• Ability to prioritize tasks to meet strict deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Concrete Mixing – Earth Clearing – Bricklaying
Tunnel Excavation – Debris Removal
Loading/Unloading – Blueprint Interpretation
Hoist Greasing – Surface Leveling
Adhesive Application – Excavation Backfilling
Traffic Control – Communication
HAWKINS CONSTRUCTION, Omaha, NE
• Identify a new method to achieve 100% leveled surfaces on concrete structures and implemented the same.
• Effectively manage traffic on various construction sites without affecting the work progress or traffic flow.
• Fix and remove temporary scaffoldings for erecting concrete structures.
• Signal the heavy equipment workers and assist in the correct placement of heavy structures.
• Assist in drilling, blasting, and demolition projects.
STRATA CORPORATION, Omaha, NE
• Identified faulty scaffolding timely and prevented a major accident through vigilant thinking.
• Cleared and prepared sites for construction.
• Raked concrete and gravel and loaded the same onto wheelbarrows.
• Calculated, mixed, poured, and set cement and concrete to build required structures.
SOME SCHOOL, Omaha, NE | 2009
• Multilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish, and Polish
• Complete know-how regarding OSHA safe work guidelines
• Willing to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
• Load lifting ability up to 50 lbs
I offer exceptional physical ability and stamina to surpass the employer’s expectations.