Are you preparing for a teacher interview? If yes, then this article and example answers will guide you on how to be prepared for the critical question, “Why Should We Hire You as a Teacher.”
The teacher interview questions “Why should we hire you as a teacher?” OR “Why do you think you are suitable for the job as a Teacher?” seem simple, but in reality, they are one of the hardest questions to answer. Answering these questions is tricky because candidates often find themselves in a difficult situation as they don’t want to brag. But without bragging a little bit, it is impossible to answer this question.
But you don’t have to worry. The fact that you are asked this question is because the interviewer wants you to brag. He or she wants to know what makes you an excellent teacher. And how positive of an impact you will have on your students.
How to answer?
There are many ways to answer this question. All you have to do is focus on your skills and possible contributions in the teaching role.
You could simply explain that you have worked in a similar capacity before, and understand what the work is about. Also, you can mention that you are an experienced teacher who will not need much direction.
Here are 11 possible answers to the question “why should we hire you as a teacher?” or “Why You Are Suitable for the Job as a Teacher?”
Why Should We Hire You as a Teacher? [11 Best Answers]
1. I believe that I am the right choice to work as a teacher at your school. That is because I possess all the skills, as well as the passion that you require. In short, I am fully equipped to help the students meet their academic goals. Also, I am highly attuned to students’ dynamic needs. Owing to my teaching and mentoring experience, I am sure that I will be a great contributor in many ways.
2. Anyone can become a teacher, but it takes a lot of effort and time to train yourself to be more than just a teacher. I am confident that I am the right choice to be hired as a teacher at your school because I have an inherent ability to reach out to students. They respond well to me. Apart from the subject matter, I provide my students with advice and mentoring, which makes it easy for them to connect with me. A good teacher-student connection is a beautiful thing that resulted in good grades of my students.
3. I possess a thorough understanding of your school’s mission and feel that I will be able to contribute immensely. As a certified teacher, I can create environments entirely conducive to learning. I am also an excellent choice to hire because I identify with the values and mission of your school quite closely.
4. I am a visionary individual who has a clear view of what education should include in these modern times. Since I have extensive training as a teacher, I can effectively use several resources to teach effectively. Also, I do not teach in a conventional manner, which is why students take to me immediately. I am sure that the students in your school will love me.
5. To be honest, I am committed not only to the job but also to the overall essence of teaching. This should make it easy for you to decide that hiring me is the right decision on your part. For me, teaching does not only involve imparting education. Nurturing students and providing them with a physically and emotionally safe place is my focus. I believe that you will not regret your decision to hire me.
6. My personal beliefs are in complete alignment with your school’s mission and vision. I, too, believe that knowledge is the greatest power on Earth. Together we can make a huge difference in how students are educated and groomed. Since I am aware of the culture that your school works on, I will fit right in and will be a great contributor continuously.
7. As a self-motivated individual who has excellent teaching, organization and planning skills, I can become a favorite teacher of students, as well as a good co-worker. My 10+ years’ successful track record in elementary school teaching would enable me to surpass your expectations.
8. You should hire me because I believe that teaching is not only about imparting knowledge. In fact, teachers play a critical role in a student’s life, which is why they are considered to be the next kin after parents. I am known to give the best classroom results.
9. All students have had many teachers in their lives, but they remember only a few of them. Owing to my dedication and teaching methodologies, the majority of my students know me even after many years of graduation. I want to bring the same enthusiasm to ABC School.
10. Apart from knowledge of my subject, I have a complete understanding of managing students by interacting with them positively. While I understand the need for keeping a professional distance, I ensure that I am on a personal level with all my students. This makes them feel special, and they come to me when they have problems, not only regarding education but personal as well.
11. I am confident that my expert listening skills and the ability to impart knowledge in a professional yet fun way are what make me suitable for the job as a teacher. Excellence in education comes about with excellence in attitude, and that is the motto I work on.
A teaching interview is the most crucial step in the job-hunting process. In the interview, you may expect general interview questions such as “What are your biggest strengths?” or “Why are you a good fit for a teaching job?”
Therefore, it is important to be prepared for these standard interview questions before appearing in an interview.
Related: Elementary Teacher Interview