A professional profile or a resume summary marks the beginning of your resume. This part of your resume needs to be handled with great care, as you have to make sure that the first thing that a hiring manager sees is worth his or her while.
A PSW professional profile needs to be comprehensive and accurate, both of which are closely checked by hiring managers.
Writing a professional profile is easy, but only if you are aware of how much information you can put in. Remember that the professional profile is not supposed to include everything – there has to be a limit to what you can place into this part of the resume.
You need to talk about your best points, and how you can use them to contribute to a company. This information will include aspects such as qualifications for a job, and the ability to handle the work better than all the other people applying for the position.
Your language skills will matter greatly here. How you place information in a professional profile will directly affect how a hiring manager sees you. When writing one, make sure that you are aware of the many different ways in which you can contribute, and then use this information to lead the pack.
For a personal support worker position, the following professional profile will look good on a resume:
Professional Profiles for PSW Resume
1. Efficient, resourceful, and well-organized individual, with over five years of experience working as a personal support worker. Highly skilled in providing needs-led services to clients with disabilities, by adopting a person-centered approach.
2. Top-performing Personal Support Worker with over seven years’ successful track record of supporting the development and implementation of client-centered planning, aiming to ensure that each plan has meaningful and achievable goals. Effectively able to support clients in developing and expanding social networks and relationships.
3. Highly experienced personal support worker boasting of 6+ years’ extensive comprehension of providing client services following established service plans, to a diverse group of clientele. Exceptionally talented in interacting with clients, caregivers, and other supportive members, respectfully and professionally.
4. Uniquely qualified PSW with extensive experience in providing personal care to clients, keeping their dignity a priority, along with preparing nutritious meals for them, to accommodate specific dietary needs.
5. A resourceful, compassionate, and proactive individual, with 4 years of experience in the capacity of a personal support worker. Exceptionally talented in supporting physically and emotionally disabled clients, aimed at raising their quality of life.