A mail handler’s primary duty is to ensure that all mail is delivered timely.
As a mail handler, you might need to sort and separate parcels, operate forklifts and other equipment, and communicate with customers.
The job therefore not only requires physical dexterity and stamina but also calls for attention to detail.
How to Write a Great Resume for a Mail Handler Position?
Here are top five resume writing tips that will help you in writing an effective Mail Handler Resume:
1. Create or choose a unique, modern, and single-page template for your resume.
2. Prioritize your skills and experience and write them according to relevance.
3. Top your resume with a powerful summary statement that serves as a snapshot of your profile.
4. Use the same keywords as used by the employer in the job advertisement to optimize your resume.
5. Enlist your achievements in an impressive and quantified manner.
Below is a sample mail Handler resume for your guidance.
Mail Handler Resume Example
712 Sunset Horizon
Austin TX 44444
edward .miller @ email . com
Highly organized and dexterous mail handler with great attention to detail and profound ability to prioritize tasks. Excellent team player with a collaborative work ethic, well versed in inspecting, sorting, and routing parcels.
• Multitasking and time management
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving
• Well-versed in using forklifts to move freight
• Good physical stamina
• Apt at cargo loading and unloading
• Able to use winces and hoists to handle and lift cargo
Capital Courier, Austin FL
Jun 2019 – Aug 2022
• Reduced mail sorting time by 50% by allocating specific storage spaces according to zip codes.
• Set up and ran a newly set up two-men branch successfully and achieved 5 stars rating based on customers’ feedback.
• Labeled the parcels and prepared shipments to be loaded.
• Carried out routine shipment inspection rounds.
• Scheduled incoming and outgoing packages and maintained mail supplies.
• Performed data entry, preparation, and maintenance of all mailroom documentation.
Stellar Courier, Austin FL
May 2018 – Jun 2019
• Reduced error rate by 40% through implementation of a checklist that summarized all steps of the mail room delivery process.
• Reduced fragile items breakage by 30% through the initiation of safe packaging techniques with better cushioning for fragile items.
• Kept record of incoming and outgoing packages.
• Assisted in loading and unloading cargo.
• Stacked undelivered parcels to be returned and kept inventory for the same.
• Maintained the work area in neat, clean, and hazard-free condition.
• Hand delivered birthday cards along with customized messages and requests as and when required.
CUrrent Driver’s License
High School Diploma
St. Joseph’s High, Austin TX
English & Spanish