No employer will run through a resume more than once – because once is really quite enough to convince him or her if you are a good choice to hire.
Making sure that your resume passes the onceover of a hiring manager’s sharp eye, you have to give it a good cosmetic look, and a solid personality.
Sample of how this should be done ahead:
IKEA Resume Sample
100 NC 776 | Hobgood, NC 56322
(000) 854-8541 | deanchild @ email . com
Service-oriented, resourceful and well-organized individual, with over 6 years of working in a sales capacity. Highly experienced in maximizing sales and profitability, using intense comprehension of product ranges and local market conditions.
• Proven ability to actively seek out customers within the store and provide them with required assistance
• Skilled in ensuring a fully stocked and priced range of products, along with an exceptional ability to present items according to company regulations
• Demonstrated ability to advise customers on the best solutions for their home furnishing needs
• Exceptionally talented in determining departmental action plans and supporting its goals and targets
|✓ Cross Selling||✓ Stocking||✓ Inventory Support|
|✓ Customer Outreach||✓ Goal Setting||✓ Needs Assessment|
|✓ Communications||✓ Loss Prevention||✓ Product Demonstrations|
|✓ Marketing Support||✓ Performance Maintenance||✓ Sales Improvement Plans|
• Increased the store’s revenue by 44% within 6 months, by exercising exceptional marketing and upselling skills.
• Led a customer outreach program, which resulted in a 35% increase in customer base within the 2 years of the duration of the program.
• Decreased chances of losing small items within the store, by implementing a core loss prevention strategy.
• Overhauled the inventory system, making the process 65% more efficient than before.
IKEA, Hobgood, NC | 6/2010 – Present
• Seek out customers within the store to assist them with their buying needs
• Greet customers as they arrive at the store and inquire into their buying requirements
• Assist customers in locating their choice of items by either directing them to correct shelves / aisles or leading to them
• Provide product information and demonstration, specifically for items that need to be installed or constructed
• Assist customers in making informed buying decisions by ensuring that they understand installation instructions and use of items that they are interested in
• Inform customers about different discount options and deals, and lead them through the purchasing process
• Arrange for home and office deliveries to be made, and ensure that appropriate follow-up is performed
• Provide customers with information on aftersales services and how to avail them
The Home Furniture Shop, Hobgood, NC | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Welcomed customers arriving at the shop and assisted them in finding their choice of products
• Provided information of product uses and benefits and handled demonstrations when requested
• Ascertained that customers were led through the purchasing procedure in an efficient manner
• Arranged for deliveries to me made to customers vehicles, homes and offices
• Ascertained that the sales floor was kept clean, neat and stocked according to company policy
Hobgood High School, Hobgood, NC | 2008
High School Diploma