Follow these steps to write a killer resume for finish carpenter position:
Self Analyze: Think up all your relevant skills and strengths and jot them down before you begin.
Chose a format: Many formats are available on the internet, chose the one that suits your needs best.
Summary or objective? Definitely a summary, unless you are a beginner or seeking a profession switch.
State your Competencies: Since Finish Carpentry is a skilled profession, consider highlighting your relevant competencies and skills in tabulated or bulleted form right after the summary/ objective.
Summarize your employment: Make a bullet summary of your major accomplishments during the period you worked, you may include some duties if you want to.
Refer to the following sample to get a better idea.
Finish Carpenter Resume Example
566 Olympic Park drive ● Norman, OK 76212 ● (003) 222-4444 ● shawn @ email . com
❖❖ FINISH CARPENTER ❖❖
Dedicated, results-oriented professional offering 6+ years of experience in the carpentry field. Particularly skilled in Wood securing, cabinet installation and remodeling. Areas of expertise include:
|☑ Permanent Fixtures||☑ Hardwood Flooring||☑ Furniture Assembly|
|☑ Fabrication||☑ Milling||☑ Sanding|
|☑ Lamination||☑ Bathroom Accessories||☑ Wood Paneling|
|☑ Power Tools||☑ Wooden Hardware||☑ Framing|
GREEN ACRE HOMES, Norman, OK
Finish Carpenter (2010 – Present)
• Mount doors, hardware and various wooden casings as per the demand of order
• Assemble and disassemble furniture items
• Remodel permanent fixtures
• Use power and hands tools effectively including circular saws
• Carryout wood floor repairing tasks as and when needed
• Secured two high budget projects based on personal referral base for the company
• Pioneered in maple wood paneling, being the first one to utilize it among the firm affiliated carpenters
ROBINS & MORTON, Norman, OK
Finish Carpenter (2007 – 2010)
• Interpreted sketches and layouts and executed wood work accordingly
• Estimated and communicated project costs related to interior wood work
• Conducted wood and wall paneling with very neat finish
• Performed wooden floor lamination
• Installed hand rails and bathroom accessories
• Remodeled 15 bathroom cabinets in the holiday season single handedly to ensure that the suites are timely ready
• Attained Best Carpenter Award in 2009
ABC SCHOOL, Norman, OK, 2007
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Blingual (Spanish and English)
• CPR Trained
• Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines
Last updated on