A finish carpenter resume is a 1-page document that summarizes the job seeker’s relevant professional history. The following are some guidelines and a resume example that will help you in building a compelling resume for finish carpenter position:
How to Write a Winning Resume for Finish Carpenter?
Think about all of your relevant carpentry skills and strengths and write them down before you begin.
Choose a good format
Many finish carpenter resume formats are available on the internet. Choosing one that best suits your needs.
Summary or objective?
Definitely, a summary, unless you are a beginner or a career changer.
Highlight your Key Achievements
Make a separate section for your carpentry accomplishments.
Write your Competencies
Since Finish Carpentry is a skilled profession, consider highlighting your areas of expertise in a separate section.
See also: Finish Carpenter Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Finish Carpenter
566 Olympic Park drive, Norman, OK 76212
❖❖ FINISH CARPENTER ❖❖
Dedicated, results-oriented professional with 6+ years of experience in the carpentry field. Particularly skilled in Wood securing, cabinet installation, and remodeling.
• Secured two high budget projects based on personal referral base for the company.
• Pioneered in maple wood paneling, the first one to utilize it among the firm affiliated carpenters.
• Remodeled 15 bathroom cabinets in the holiday season single-handedly to ensure that the suites are timely ready.
• Attained the ‘Best Carpenter Award’ in 2019.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Permanent Fixtures – Fabrication
– Lamination – Power Tools Use
– Hardwood Flooring – Milling
– Sanding – Wood Paneling
GREEN ACRE HOMES, Norman, OK
(2015 – Present)
• Mount doors, hardware, and various wooden casings as per the demand of order
• Assemble and disassemble furniture items
• Remodel permanent fixtures
• Use power and hands tools effectively including circular saws
• Carryout wood floor repairing tasks as and when needed
Finish Carpenter Assistant
ROBINS & MORTON, Norman, OK
(2012 – 2015)
• Interpreted sketches and layouts and executed woodwork accordingly
• Estimated and communicated project costs related to interior woodwork
• Conducted wood and wall paneling with an elegant finish
• Performed wooden floor lamination
• Installed handrails and bathroom accessories
ABC SCHOOL, Norman, OK – 2007
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Bilingual (Spanish and English)
• CPR Trained
• Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines
Related: Finish Carpenter Interview