Follow these steps to write a compelling resume for finish carpenter position:
Think of all your relevant skills and strengths and write them down before you begin.
Chose a format
Many formats are available on the internet, chose the one that suits your needs best.
Summary or objective?
Definitely, a summary, unless you are a beginner or seeking a profession switch.
State your Competencies
Since Finish Carpentry is a skilled profession, consider highlighting your relevant competencies and skills in tabulated or bulleted form right after the summary/ objective.
Summarize your employment
Make a bullet summary of your major accomplishments during the period you worked, you may include some duties if you want to.
Refer to the following sample to get a better idea.
Finish Carpenter Resume Sample
566 Olympic Park drive ● Norman, OK 76212 ● (003) 222-4444 ● [Email]
❖❖ FINISH CARPENTER ❖❖
• Dedicated, results-oriented professional offering 6+ years of experience in the carpentry field. Particularly skilled in Wood securing, cabinet installation and remodeling.
• Secured two high budget projects based on personal referral base for the company
• Pioneered in maple wood paneling, being the first one to utilize it among the firm affiliated carpenters
• Remodeled 15 bathroom cabinets in the holiday season single-handedly to ensure that the suites are timely ready
• Attained Best Carpenter Award in 2009
|– Permanent Fixtures||– Hardwood Flooring||– Furniture Assembly|
|– Fabrication||– Milling||– Sanding|
|– Lamination||– Bathroom Accessories||– Wood Paneling|
|– Power Tools||– Wooden Hardware||– Framing|
Finish Carpenter (2010 – Present)
GREEN ACRE HOMES, Norman, OK
• Mount doors, hardware and various wooden casings as per the demand of order
• Assemble and disassemble furniture items
• Remodel permanent fixtures
• Use power and hands tools effectively including circular saws
• Carryout wood floor repairing tasks as and when needed
Finish Carpenter (2007 – 2010)
ROBINS & MORTON, Norman, OK
• Interpreted sketches and layouts and executed wood work accordingly
• Estimated and communicated project costs related to interior wood work
• Conducted wood and wall paneling with very neat finish
• Performed wooden floor lamination
• Installed hand rails and bathroom accessories
ABC SCHOOL, Norman, OK, 2007
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Blingual (Spanish and English)
• CPR Trained
• Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines
Last updated on