Since radiation therapy is a skilled/technical position, resume specialists recommend building a functional or combination resume for this job.
It means the primary focus of your resume must be on your job-relevant skills and knowledge rather than your chronological work history.
Begin your resume with strong professional highlights in the form of a summary, followed by your core competencies. You can use tables, bullets, or headings to highlight the same.
The next critical section should be that of your achievements/ accomplishments at previous workplaces, followed by a brief listing of your experience and education.
Here is a sample resume for the radiation therapist position.
See also: Radiation Therapist Cover Letter
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample
Mansfield, OH 67222
Record of working with patients and families in an empathetic manner.
Energetic and patient-focused professional with 7+ years of extensive experience in radiation therapy. Exceptionally skilled in administering treatments following a prescribed treatment plan. Particularly effective in modern radiotherapy operations and film processing systems.
• Introduced fluoroscopy-based studies at the facility, contributing positively to the rapid popularity of the radiology department among clients
• Resolved a rather complicated case of lymphoma through the effective implementation of stimulation therapy
• Fixed a problem in the radiology equipment timely saving the hospital a massive equipment replacement cost
• Patients preparation • Records maintenance
• Treatment plans • Quality improvement
• Providing instructions • CT Simulator
• QA machine check • Dosimetry
• Localization procedures • Clerical tasks
• Patients’ orientation • Problems identification
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Adept at ionization radiation intent for neoplastic diseases.
• Familiar with contemporary radiotherapy procedures.
• Well-versed in planning and conducting oncology radiation sessions.
• Capable of handling conflicting and emotional patient situations.
• Effective communication and rapport-building skills with patients and family members.
Equipment Maintenance Expertise
• Well-versed in preventive maintenance of the radiology equipment.
• Proficient in troubleshooting radiology equipment errors and radiation power adjustment problems.
Quality Assurance and Safety Practices
• Committed to high standards of delivering excellent quality radiotherapy.
• In-depth knowledge of security issues and health hazards associated with mishandling of radiation.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Current Radiology Technician Certification, OH
ARRT Registration and Endorsement
BLS, American Heart Association, OH
ABC Hospital, Mansfield, OH
8/2020 – Present
• Give details to the patients about the treatment plan
• Answer patients’ queries and concerns about the treatment
• Ensure the correct dose in an appropriate area by keeping a keen eye on computer programs
• Inspect radiology machines to ensure their safety and proper working
• Perform X-rays of the patients
• Take the necessary steps to protect the patient from overexposure to radiation
Radiation Therapy Assistant
North West Hospital, Mansfield, OH
6/2015 – 8/2020
• Assisted in machine operation to treat the patient with radiation
• Monitored patients to identify any reactions to the treatment
• Maintained files and kept records of treatment
B.S Degree in Radiation Therapy Technology
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Mansfield, OH, May 2006
“I am a team player who has a proven record of administering radiation to patients.”