The competition for the radiation therapist position has almost doubled during the past few years. Prospective employers probably receive hundreds of resumes for a single job posting!
The question is how to make your resume stand out of the lot?
Since radiation therapy is a skilled/technical position, resume specialists recommend building a functional or combination resume for this job. It means the primary focus of your resume must be on your job-relevant skills and acquired knowledge rather than your chronological work history.
Begin your resume with strong professional highlights in the form of a summary, followed by a reflection of your core competencies.
You can use tables, bullets or headings to highlight the same. The next critical section should be that of your achievements/ accomplishments at previous workplaces, followed by a brief listing of your experience and education.
Radiation Therapist Resume Sample
82 Heather Ave ● Mansfield, OH 67222 ● (006) 333-6666 ● [Email]
Record of working with patients and families in an empathetic manner.
Energetic and patient-focused professional with 7+ years’ extensive experience in radiation therapy. Exceptionally skilled in administering treatments following a prescribed treatment plan. Particularly effective in modern radiotherapy operations and film processing systems.
|• Patients preparation||• Providing instructions||• Localization procedures|
|• Records maintenance||• CT Simulator||• Clerical tasks|
|• Treatment plans||• QA machine check||• Patients’ orientation|
|• Quality improvement||• Dosimetry||• Problems identification|
• Introduced fluoroscopy based studies at the facility, contributing positively to rapid popularity of the radiology department among clients
• Resolved a rather complicated case of lymphoma through effective implementation of stimulation therapy
• Fixed a problem in the radiology equipment timely saving the hospital a massive equipment replacement cost
• Adept at ionization radiation intent for neoplastic diseases
• Familiar with contemporary radiotherapy procedures
• Well versed in planning and conducting oncology radiation sessions
• Capable of handling conflicting and emotional patient situations
• Effective communication and rapport building skills with patients and accompanying family members
Equipment Maintenance Expertise
• Well versed in preventive maintenance of the radiology equipment
• Fluent in troubleshooting radiology equipment errors and radiation power adjustment problems
Quality Assurance and Safety Practices
• Committed to high standards of delivering fine quality radiotherapy
• In-depth knowledge of security issues and health hazards associated with mishandling of radiation
Current Radiology Technician Certification, OH
ARRT Registration and Endorsement
BLS, American Heart Association, OH
ABC Hospital, Mansfield, OH | 8/2010 to Present
• Give details to the patients about the treatment plan
• Answer patients’ queries and concerns about the treatment
• Ensure the correct dose on an appropriate area by keeping a keen eye on computer programs
• Inspect radiology machines to ensure their safety and proper working
• Perform X-ray of the patients
• Take necessary steps to protect the patient from overexposure to radiation
Radiation Therapy Assistant
North West Hospital, Mansfield, OH | 6/2007 to 8/2010
• Assisted in machine operation to treat the patient with radiation
• Monitored patients to identify any reactions to the treatment
• Maintained files and kept records of treatment
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Mansfield, OH, May 2006
B.S, Radiation Therapy Technology
“I am a team player who has a proven record of administering radiation to patients.”