Everyone is skilled – the problem is that we do not know where to look for our skills. Well, we need to look for them within ourselves.
If you are applying for a job as a building maintenance worker, for instance, you will need to make sure that you are actually skilled for it. You may want to look at the following list of skills for a building maintenance worker resume.
Sample Skills for Building Maintenance Worker Resume
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting problems including electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair work.
- Demonstrated ability to perform preventative building maintenance tasks including caulking windows and doors.
- Hands-on experience in handling routine plumbing repairs including unstopping toilets, sinks, and urinals, and fixing water leaks.
- Proficient in assembling furniture and equipment and replacing and repairing doorknobs, locks, and window latches.
- Adept at assisting in the installation, repair, and maintenance of roofs and repairing HVAC systems.
- Competent in troubleshooting and maintaining electrical distribution systems including electric motors and clock and fire systems.
- Ability to handle the inspection, repair, and replacement duties pertaining to pumps, valves, and boiler systems.
- Skilled in establishing, monitoring, and carrying out preventative maintenance tasks on buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Deep insight into handling garbage disposal activities aimed at collecting and removing garbage and recyclable materials in a safe manner.
- Focused on ensuring reduction in the need for repairs by employing measures to perform periodic maintenance work.
- Proficient in performing rough painting, concrete laying, and patch plastering.
- Able to perform semi-skilled tasks in construction, repair, and maintenance of wooden structures and articles.
- Special talent for making minor adjustments to equipment such as belt and pulley alignments, coupling alignments.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and maintain equipment daily while performing general maintenance tasks such as corrosion control and painting.
- Unique talent to help with and general support as needed.
- Recognized for ensuring that work areas are kept clean and tidy.