Have you ever tried baking a fondant cake when you are actually not skilled in doing so? What was the result? Disaster? Of course! You cannot be skilled at everything but everyone has some skill (or skills) that is relevant to his or her career. So if you cannot bake a fondant cake, it is perfectly alright. Maybe your skills lie in something else. Like cooking sushi (if sushi is ever cooked) or making sand castles. And maybe the other people around you cannot do them as well as you can.
Think, think, and think! What are your skills? And write them down. If you are good with words, you can be a skilled writer or even a marketer. If you can convince people to buy things that they really do not need, you could be an awesome salesman. And if you can clean up an entire 10 story building in a space of a few hours, you could be a brilliant building maintenance worker!
Everyone is skilled – the problem is that we do not know where to look for our skills. Well, we need to look for them within ourselves. If you are applying for a job as a building maintenance worker for instance, you will need to make sure that you are actually skilled for it. If you aren’t, it is time to look for another type of job. And if you are, you may want to look at the following list of skills for a building maintenance worker resume.
Building Maintenance Worker Resume Skills
• Highly skilled in troubleshooting problems including electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair work
• Demonstrated ability to perform preventative building maintenance tasks including caulking windows and doors
• Hands-on experience in handling routing plumbing repairs including unstopping toilets, sinks and urinals and fixing water leaks
• Proficient in assembling furniture and equipment and replacing and repairing door knobs, locks and window latches
• Adept at assisting in the installation, repair and maintenance of roofs and repairing HVAC systems
• Competent in troubleshooting and maintaining electrical distribution systems including electric motors and clock and fire systems
• Qualified to handle inspection, repair and replacement duties pertaining to pumps, valves and boiler systems
• Skilled in establishing, monitoring and carrying out preventative maintenance tasks on buildings, grounds and equipment
• Deep insight into handling garbage disposal activities aimed at collecting and removing garbage and recyclable materials in a safe manner
• Focused on ensuring reduction in need for repairs by employing measures to perform periodic maintenance work