A hotel maintenance worker is responsible for ensuring that the hotel interior and exterior is properly maintained and repaired.
Specifically, he or she inspects the hotel to make sure that it is in good running order.
Besides this, arranging for routine maintenance in hotel rooms and lobbies is something that he or she is required to do as well.
A list of duties particular to the position of a hotel maintenance worker is provided below:
See also: Hotel Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
Hotel Maintenance Worker Job Description
• Conduct routine inspections of the hotel premises in order to check for maintenance issues.
• Perform preventative as well as regular maintenance on premises.
• Make general repairs on plumbing systems and fixtures.
• Perform planned maintenance on equipment in order to prolong its life.
• Complete general repairs and upkeep of operational equipment.
• Performed elementary painting and repairing of walls, as well as furniture, cabinets, and windows.
• Conduct rough carpentry work to include cabinet repairing and window and door finishing.
• Oversee hotel building systems such as HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
• Perform grounds work, landscaping, and snow removal activities.
• Ensure the safety and attractiveness of hotel areas for patrons.
• Complete hotel room and building repairs to include replacing ceiling tiles and light bulbs.
• Assist in renovating hotel building interior, and maintain cleanliness of the exterior.
• Perform repair on mechanical and electrical equipment such as fans and air conditioners.
• Inspect building premises to determine need for extensive repair and maintenance.
• Check building systems such as fire alarms and CCTV cameras.
• Fix broken furniture, and handle leaks in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues, and provide immediate solutions.
See also: Hotel Maintenance Worker Cover Letter Sample
Hotel Maintenance Worker Qualifications
Typically, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a hotel maintenance worker. However, if you have prior experience, you will be considered a good person to hire.
As far as skills are concerned, one has to be physically dexterous. Also, knowledge of health and safety regulations and the ability to spot safety risks is important.
Working as a hotel maintenance worker requires one to possess exceptional organizational skills. Moreover, a solid understanding of troubleshooting maintenance equipment will be a plus.
Ensuring that the safety of guests and workers remain paramount is also important when working at this position.
Particularly, a hotel maintenance worker needs to possess mechanical aptitude, organization skills, and great attention to detail.
Courses in plumbing, cleaning, and carpentry may also come in handy.
Maintenance is a hard way to make do list and define what is to be done.
I am 100% percent agree because there are numerous tasks involved in maintenance work. Also, it depends on the setting you are working. We tried hard to integrate the common duties of a Hotel Maintenance Worker.