Baggers are employed by convenience stores and other retail environments where their main duty is to assist the cashier. They are expected to facilitate the check out procedure by bagging items and helping customers carry merchandise bags out to their cars.
While baggers are usually required to just perform bagging duties, they may be expected to manage other aspects of the place that they are working in. This may include greeting customers as they arrive, assisting them with product location, collecting trolleys and maintaining parking lot cleanliness.
Since the job of a bagger is extremely customer oriented, people working at this position need to be very friendly and outgoing and possess a customer service nature to the very core.
Baggers need to be learned in bagging techniques as they need to know which item to put in what type of bag and which items cannot be packed with another. They are also expected to place packed items in the cart and push the cart to the car and then unload the items into the car.
Baggers also assist the store staff in managing their work appropriately. They may work as cashiers, assist in stocking supplies, managing cleanliness of work areas and verify items against quoted prices. They may also be expected to assist in unloading delivery products when needed. On a more detailed note, baggers are required to return items left at the cash counter to their specific shelves and ensure that all shelves are properly stocked and tidy in appearance.
• Greeted and acknowledged customers
• Ensured that each customer receive exceptional service
• Provided a friendly environment and maintained outstanding standards
• Bagged groceries in accordance with defined procedures
• Maintained an methodical work area
• Communicated with co-workers and customers
• Maintained high standards consistent with the Front End expectations
• Performed prompt goods pick-up service
• Helped customers moving shopping carts and baggage to the parking
• Collected shopping carts from parking lot and returned to store
• Corresponded customer requests to management
• Performed additional duties as assigned