✓ Certified Pet Groomer with some experience in the pet grooming industry.
✓ Substantial knowledge of all dog breeds and a strong ability to work flexibly and independently.
✓ Ability to provide a professional environment to clients and treat them respectfully and fairly.
✓ Passion for delivering the best services to both clients and their pets.
The following resume sample is specifically designed for those job seekers who are interested in obtaining a dog groomer position.
Dog Groomer Resume Example
8 New Ave, Everett, MA 74838
david @ email . com
More than 5 years of dog grooming experience in a high-volume environment. Adept at grooming small and large breeds of dogs with the help of tools and supplies such as curry brush, shedding blade, stripping combs, bristle/wire pin brush, rakes, coat kings, and stand dryers. Incredible aptitude for grooming a minimum of 4 pets per day according to each client’s specifications. Devoted to providing high-quality work, meeting the expectations of the clients, and passionate about taking extreme care of all pets in the salon.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES
• National Certified Master Groomer
• International Model of Pet Grooming Distinction Certificate
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Nail trimming and filing
• Ears and eye cleaning
• Modern dog grooming techniques
• Dog behavior management and body language
• Illnesses symptoms
• Allergic reaction prevention
Pet Spa – Katy, TX
• Groom, bath, rinse, brush, and dry dogs
• Provide customer service in the form of consultations and explanations of services
• Clean and maintained the grooming room and equipment
• Check for parasites or other skin irritations
Groomer Assistant (Bather)
Bark and Stay – Davenport, IA
• Supported the groomer by providing baths, comb-outs, blow-drying, and upkeep of the grooming room
• Handled a variety of animals safely and comfortably
• Cleaned up the bathing area, mobbed, vacuumed, and answered phones
• Trimmed nails, cleaned ears, and brushed teeth
• Detangled hair, removed mats, and dried the coat
• Checked pets in and out
High School Diploma
ABC School – Shoreview, MN
Sample Skills for Dog Groomer Resume
- Dogs control
- Dogs’ well-being and safety
- Nail trimming using traditional clippers and derma tools
- Ears cleaning and flushing
- Dogs bathe using appropriate shampoos and conditioners
- Flea treatments
- Breed-specific grooming
- Facility cleaning and maintaining
- Cleaning products usage
- Hair trimming
- Hair styling
- Aggressive canine behavior handling
- Dog training
- Tools, surfaces, and equipment sanitation