● Certified Pet Groomer with some experience in the pet grooming industry.
● Substantial knowledge of all dog breeds and a strong ability to work flexibly and independently.
● Provide a professional environment to clients and treat them respectfully and fairly.
● Passion for providing the best services to both clients and their pets.
The following resume sample is specifically designed for those job seekers who are interested in obtaining a dog groomer position.
8 New Ave ♦ Everett, MA 74838 ♦ 999-222-2772 ♦ david @ email . com
Summary: More than 5 years of dog grooming experience in a high volume environment. Adept at grooming small and large breeds of dogs with the help of tools and supplies such as curry brush, shedding blade, stripping combs, bristle/wire pin brush, rakes, coat kings and stand dryers. Incredible aptitude of grooming a minimum of 4 pets per day according to each client’s specifications. Devoted to provide high quality work, meeting the expectations of the clients and passionate about taking extreme care of all pets in the salon.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES
• National Certified Master Groomer
• International Model of Pet Grooming Distinction Certificate
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Nail trimming and filing
• Ears and eye cleaning
• Hair cutting
• Modern dog grooming techniques
• Dog behavior management and body language
• Illnesses symptoms
• Allergic reaction prevention
Pet Spa – Katy, TX | May 2011 – Dec 2012
• Groomed, bathed, rinsed, brushed, and dried dogs
• Provided customer service in the form of consultations and explanation of services
Cleaned and maintained the grooming room and equipment
• Checked for parasites or other skin irritations
• Placed dog on grooming table and fitted grooming collar on dog to hold animal to table
Bark and Stay – Davenport, IA | Jan 2010 – May 2011
Groomer Assistant (Bather)
• Supported the groomer by providing baths, comb-outs, blow-drying and upkeep of the grooming room
• Handled a variety of animals safely and comfortably
• Cleaned up the bathing area, mobbed, vacuumed and answered phones
• Trimmed nails, cleaned ears, anal sacs, and brushed teeth
• Detangled hair, removed mats and dried the coat
• Checked pets in and out
ABC College – Shoreview, MN – 2009
Diploma in Animal Care