Reporting to project managers, project coordinators serve as the first contact for the project that they are working for. Employed across many industries, project coordinators develop, coordinate, and implement tasks associated with specific projects.
Project coordinators perform most human resource and operations duties for a particular project, and they act as a bridge between project managers and clients.
A significant part of a project coordinator’s work is to allocate projects and resources to various departments and individuals. He or she sets project deadlines and ensures that resources are being used effectively.
He or she also liaises with different departments involved in a project and ensures that every project is delivered on time.
Another primary responsibility of a project coordinator is to organize and control project activities and make sure that any problems are handled according to the company’s procedures and protocols.
Since client contact is a huge part of a project coordinator’s work, it is crucial for project coordinators to possess exceptional communication skills.
Depending on the industry that a project coordinator is working for, he or she will need to possess a bachelor’s degree at the very least.
All resumes, especially the ones about a creative field like project coordination pitched in the modern-day job market, must be carefully written.
Here is a sample resume for the project coordinator position.
See also: Project Coordinator Cover Letter
Project Coordinator Resume Example
Highly-organized and dynamic project coordinator with 10 years of hands-on experience in different busy environments. Particularly effective in project management and time prioritization. Track record of handling challenging situations with tact. Skilled in risk mitigation strategy development.
• Probability analysis in relation to project impact
• Ensuring fulfillment of launch date deadlines
• Administrative and communication skills
• Team-leading expertise
• Graphic design software including Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
✓ Cost budgeting
✓ Project review
✓ Word, Excel, Outlook
CACI International, Boston, MA
2017 – Present
• Define project resource requirements and implement project resource plans accordingly
• Execute project plans from the planning phase till implementation and deployment
• Manage agency expectations for ensuring alignment among operations and deliverables
• Monitor and effectively respond to team needs and potential problems
• Initiated an interactive board-based scheduling and project management, which enhanced project efficiency by 50%
• Designed and executed two international-level projects proficiently worth a budget of $2M
• Maintained a 90% billable rate for one straight year and was highly commended for the same
Legacy Marketing Partners, Boston, MA
2009 – 2012
• Assisted in scheduling and coordinating project team meetings
• Maintained project database
• Worked with the project director on minor assignments
• Tracked, prioritized, and managed project-related issues
• Collected and submitted key project metrics and progress indicators successfully for 100+ projects in only six months
AAS Degree in Office Management
The Arts College, Boston, MA
✓ Customer service
✓ Sense of urgency
Project Coordinator Job Description for Resume
- Take project information from the project manager and study project directives carefully
- Prepare, plan, and implement project plans according to the instruction provided
- Provide direction and support to key players in accordance with program activities
- Ensure that resources are appropriately allocated to team members
- Assist the project manager in recruiting project staff and consultants
- Ensure that all departments are informed of their specific project duties
- Provide all project members with deadline information and ensure that projects are completed within the allocated deadlines
- Make sure that any surplus materials or supplies are put away for use in a subsequent project
- Facilitate and coordinate project activities between departments and individuals
- Coordinate meeting agendas and prepare materials for project meetings
- Serve as support for project operational activities
- Create dashboards with the view of providing project oversight
- Provide assistance in developing training methods and implementing new project initiatives
- Assist in developing project metrics and reporting processes
- Foster positive relationships between team members to ensure the efficacy of each project
- Act as a communication link between departments
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed on each project module and prepare coinciding status reports