In order to understand the specific role of a credit union teller, it is important to first comprehend what a credit union is.
A credit union is different from a bank in the sense that it is a member-owned, not-for-profit organization. It provides its members with savings, credit, and other financial services.
Tellers working at a credit union usually perform the same job duties that they would in a bank but since the “products and services” are somewhat different, they need to be more knowledgeable about this variance.
Credit union tellers may be asked how the services of a bank differ from credit unions and they should be prepared to provide the right answer.
Typical work duties of a credit union teller include performing receiving and payment functions to assist members.
They are usually the first point of contact in a credit union so they need to be polite and good conversationalists.
A Credit Union Teller resume is a very important part of your job application package.
The following Credit Union Teller Resume sample will give you ideas on how to create your resume.
200 8th Street W
Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Accomplished Credit Union Teller with a verifiable track record of providing customers with personalized and friendly service to ensure that customers feel valued. Skilled in cashing cheques, processing loan transactions, preparing daily reports, and making accurate typed entries. Friendly and courteous with the ability to work collaboratively. Able to accurately balance cash drawer on a regular basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Cashing and ordering cheques
- Receiving bill payments
- Buying and selling foreign cash
- Processing statements
- Preparing money orders
- Assisting members with access to their safety deposit boxes
- Ensuring compliance with deposit activities with regulations
Credit Union Teller
Meridian Credit Union, Edmonton, AB
2016 – Present
• Meet the needs of members in a friendly and courteous manner
• Respond to inquiries, analyze needs, and process member transactions
• Prepare and organize monthly current account statements
• Answer phone requests and perform all kinds of duties as assigned
• Sell and purchase foreign currencies
• Process inward daily clearings from agency bank
Credit Union Teller
Mainstreet Credit Union, Atlantic City, NJ
2009 – 2016
• Processed deposits, cashed checks, and took bill payments
• Monitored transactions to prevent possible fraud
• Sold money orders and traveler’s checks
• Counted cash and balanced drawer and managed any differences
• Maintained appropriate cash drawer limits and adhere to risk management issues
Associate of Science in Accounting
Durham College, Oshawa, ON – 2008
• Customer service
See also: Credit Union Teller Cover Letter
Credit Union Teller Job Description and Duties for Resume
- Greet members in a courteous manner and determine their purpose of visit
- Receive drafts and checks for deposit to accounts, ensure that amounts are verified and proper endorsement has been made
- Perform paperwork for deposits of financial instruments and provide members with receipts
- Cash checks after verifying signatures and amounts and ensure that the exact amount is handed over to the member
- Maintain updated knowledge of all products and services that the credit union is offering
- Provide accurate information regarding products and services to new or prospective members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all policies and procedures of the credit union
- Promote and explain credit union services such as electronic services, debit and credit cards, and money orders and attempt to cross-sell them when the opportunity arises
- Receive and deposit consumer loan and home loan payments and ensure that they are accurately posted in the database
- Count, check, and package coins and currency at the end of each shift
- Ensure that sufficient change is available at the beginning of each shift
- Reconcile cash drawer and ensure that any discrepancies are resolved before closing time