Coming up with an effective and contemporary resume for your vehicle technician job hunt is very crucial for earning an interview. Resume writing trends have rapidly changed over the past few years and if you haven’t kept pace with these, it is advisable to re-do your resume before you apply.
• Match their needs: Today’s era is that of customized resumes. Build your resume to cater for the employer’s specific requirements.
• Leave some white space: Resumes that are overcrowded or consist of dense text boxes are almost impossible to read especially for recruiters who have a big pile of resumes to go through. Allow for some white spaces in your document.
• Use short bullet sentences: Present your skills in short, bullet phrases that start with powerful action words.
89 Unison Ave • Nashua, NH • (009) 333-4444 • alex @ email . com
ASE certified vehicle technology expert with updated knowledge regarding current technologies, requirements and processes pertaining to automotive service and repair. Customer oriented problem solver with demonstrated expertise in diagnosis and repair of vehicles. Adept at explaining technical diagnosis and required repairs to non mechanical employees and customers.
|– Fuel Ignition||– Suspension Handling||– Wheel Alignment|
|– Brake Maintenance||– Hydraulics||– Transmission|
|– Fuel Economy||– Fine Tuning||– Engine Performance|
|– Mechanical Diagnosis||– Wheel Balancing||– Filter Replacement|
• Enhanced customer satisfaction level by 60% by introducing and implementing electronic and automated fuel efficiency enhancement techniques at the service centre
• Test drove, assessed and verified 50+ old vehicles for the annual car rally, Nashua in 2012
• Diagnosed a minor leakage problem in transmission oil in a heavy vehicle and timely corrected the issue saving the engine form massive damage
AAMCO, Nashua, NH
Vehicle Technician, 6/2010 to Present
• Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and diagnostic assessments of the vehicles
• Contain costs by leveraging warranties, evaluating company issued service and part options
• Diagnose problems in vehicles for customers and conduct the agreed upon required repair works
MNJ AUTO GROUP, Nashua, NH
Technician Apprentice, 3/2008 to 5/2010
• Maintained vehicle records for servicing and repair
• Kept stock inventories, processed orders and verified receipts
• Assisted the mechanic in repair tasks based on the diagnosis given by technician
ASPIRE VOCATIONAL COLLEGE, Nashua, NH, 2008
Technical Diploma in Vehicle Diagnostics and Repair
ST. LAWRENCE CONVENT, Nashua, NH, 2007
High School Diploma
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent dexterity and eye hand coordination
• Sound knowledge regarding engine efficiency enhancement techniques
Last updated on