Coming up with an effective resume for your vehicle technician job hunt is very crucial for earning an interview.
As resume writing trends have rapidly changed over the past few years, therefore, if you haven’t kept pace with these, it is advisable to re-do your resume before you apply.
The following are some guidelines in this regard:
• Match their needs: Today’s era is that of customized resumes. Build your resume to cater to the employer’s specific requirements.
• Leave some white space: Overcrowded or dense resumes are almost impossible to read, especially for recruiters who have a big pile of resumes to go through. Allow for some white spaces in your document.
• Use short bullet sentences: Present your skills in short, bullet phrases that start with powerful action words.
See also: Vehicle Technician Cover Letter
Vehicle Technician Resume Example
89 Unison Ave, Nashua, NH
alex @ email . com
ASE certified vehicle technology expert with updated knowledge regarding current technologies, requirements, and processes pertaining to automotive service and repair. Customer-oriented problem solver with demonstrated expertise in the diagnosis and repair of vehicles. Adept at explaining the technical diagnoses and required repairs to nonmechanical employees and customers.
– Fuel Ignition
– Suspension Repair
– Wheel Alignment
– Brake Maintenance
– Fuel Economy
– Fine Tuning
– Engine Performance
– Mechanical Diagnosis
– Wheel Balancing
– Filter Replacement
• Enhanced the customer satisfaction level by 60% by introducing and implementing electronic and automated fuel efficiency enhancement techniques at the service center.
• Test drove, assessed and verified 50+ old vehicles for the annual car rally, Nashua in 2018.
• Diagnosed a minor leakage problem in transmission oil in a heavy vehicle and timely corrected the issue, saving the engine form massive damage.
AAMCO, Nashua, NH | 6/2010 to Present
• Work as a member of a team of 15+ technicians
• Repair and maintain 20+ vehicles every day
• Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and diagnostic assessments of the vehicles
• Contain costs by leveraging warranties, evaluating company-issued service and part options
• Diagnose problems in vehicles for customers and conduct the agreed-upon required repair works
MNJ AUTO GROUP, Nashua, NH | 3/2008 to 5/2010
• Effectively took and followed instructions
• Demonstrated a can-do attitude
• Maintained vehicle records for servicing and repair
• Kept stock inventories, processed orders and verified receipts
• Assisted the mechanic in repair tasks based on the diagnosis given by the technician
Technical Diploma in Vehicle Diagnostics and Repair
ASPIRE VOCATIONAL COLLEGE, Nashua, NH – 2008
High School Diploma
ST. LAWRENCE HIGH SCHOOL, Nashua, NH – 2007
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent dexterity and eye-hand coordination
• Sound knowledge of engine efficiency enhancement techniques