Having a compelling resume is the first step in promoting your candidacy for heavy diesel mechanic position. A resume is essential to every job hunt and one must produce a customized copy of resume for each job application.
According to an estimate, an average employer spends only about 20-30 seconds per resume and its fate is decided. To make sure your resume survives this initial scan and makes it to the ‘yes’ pile, you need to optimize the most selling features of your professional profile.
Profile/summary plays a key role in this regard. Make sure your summary is employer centered and promotes the most selling traits of your candidacy in an appealing manner.
Have a look at the sample given below.
260 Lawrence Lane • Spring, TX 67434 • (005) 333 – 7777 • oliver @ email . com
HEAVY DIESEL MECHANIC
SUMMARY: Adroit and experienced, heavy diesel mechanic with full command on all aspects of diesel engine repair and preventive maintenance. Result oriented professional with strong diagnostic and mechanical service skills, expert in parts replacement and combustion setting, track record of reducing fuel consumption costs through software aided fine tuning of diesel engines. Class A CDL holder.
|Brake System Repair||Code Deciphering||Parts Assembling/ Dismantling|
|Engine Overhauling||AC Systems||Power Transmission Repair|
|Hydraulic Systems||Problem Diagnosis||Schematic Interpretation|
|Equipment Fabrication||Welding and Cutting||Preventive Maintenance|
NEWMONT MINING, Spring, TX
Heavy Diesel Mechanic, April 2013 – Present
• Inspect heavy diesel engines and diagnose the fault
• Repair and replace auto and manual transmission boxes
• Document all services provided, details of lubricants replenished or changed and parts replaced or repaired
• Install, calibrate, repair and replace engine components
• Monitor vehicle maintenance software programs
• Schedule and conduct preventive maintenance on vehicle engines
• Overhauled major assemblies of a 12 wheeler diesel vehicle in a cost effective manner singlehandedly, saving up till $20K in terms of part replacement cost
• Fine-tuned several diesel engines leading to a 30% reduction in monthly fuel consumption of the vehicles
• Attained 100% customer satisfaction through demonstration of quick and effective emergency breakdown response and heavy diesel mechanical services
TETRATECH, Spring, TX
Asst. Heavy Diesel Mechanic, June 2009 – March 2013
• Dismantled and reinstalled vehicle components
• Checked diesel engine fluid levels and performed routine preventive maintenance
• Assisted the mechanic in fault diagnosis and repair
• Tuned diesel engines to attain low fuel consumption percentages
• Serviced hydraulic and air brake systems
• Selected proper tools and equipment for parts repairing
INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Spring, TX – 2009
Diploma in Mechanics
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Excellent eye hand coordination and manual dexterity
Last updated on