An auto body repair technician resume is the primary document that will help you get you an interview.
Here is a sample for you to look through:
Auto Body Repair Technician Resume Example
495 Cherry Street
Rahway, NJ 65654
AUTO BODY REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Insightful and energetic auto body technician with 11+ years’ successful track record of reviewing auto damage and performing correlating repairs. Highly skilled in estimating repair costs and planning work activities according to provided timelines. I am a dedicated individual who excels in:
• Reviewing auto damage reports and providing customers with information on the extent of work required on their vehicles.
• Realigning car frames and chassis to repair structural damage, and hammering out dents and dimples.
• Fitting, attaching and welding replacement parts into place and installing weatherproof windows and windshields.
• Grinding, sanding and buffing refurbished and repaired surfaces, with a particular focus on the quality of work.
• Frame Realignment
• Cost Estimation
• Finishing and Restoration
• Welding and Fixing
• Dolly Blocks Positioning
• Plastic Type Identification
• Power and Hand Tools
Auto Body Repair Technician
RML Automotive, Rahway, NJ
11/2016 – Present
• Confer with customers to determine their auto body repair requirements and perform initial assessments on assigned vehicles.
• Estimate time and cost that will be incurred in repairing auto bodies.
• Provide customers with cost and time estimate information.
• Review damage reports and plan work activities around them.
• Remove damaged body parts, such as bumpers, fenders, hoods, and grilles.
• Fit and attach replacement parts by welding them into place.
• Cover auto body parts that do not need to be dented or painted so that no damage is done to them.
• Hammered out any patched or dents.
• Trained 15 apprentices to perform welding, restoration and painting work on damaged auto body parts.
• Proved invaluable to an auto engine repair team that was working on a severely damaged vehicle, by artfully removing fused and melted body parts from the engine area.
Auto Body Technician
AA Company, Rahway, NJ
9/2009 – 11/2016
• Assisted the paint team by taking instructions for denting and smoothing out parts that need to be painted.
• Performed finishing work on painted auto bodies by waxing and buffing repaired or replaced surfaces.
• Prewashed assigned vehicles to ensure that there is no dirt and debris visible before a repair job.
• Handled vehicle detailing after the repair of each car to ensure that the customer is presented with a repaired and clean / maintained vehicle.
• Assisted in performing repair and replacement work by providing repair personnel with the correct tools and equipment for each job.
• Checked parts against estimates and ensured that proper parts were available for each repair activity.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on tools and equipment used to repair auto bodies.
High School Diploma
Rahway High School, Rahway, NJ | 2006