To excel in today’s aggressive job market, your resume for the heavy-duty mechanic position should be easy to read, highly impressive, and instantly appealing.
Keeping your resume uncluttered is also crucial if you want the prospective employer to read it till the end.
How to Write a Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume?
Below are two golden rules to follow while writing a heavy-duty mechanic resume.
A single piece of irrelevant information in your resume can make the reader lose interest.
Study the organization’s advert in detail and shortlist your most relevant competencies.
Resume length greater than one page can seriously damage the chances of your resume being read.
Recruiters do not have time to scan through long resumes. Keep your resume as brief and to the point as possible.
Below is a heavy duty mechanic resume sample for your guidance.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample
364 Hackle Ave
Cotulla, TX 43008
jason . harold @ email . com
Safety oriented and licensed heavy duty mechanic with demonstrated proficiency in decreasing turnaround time. Reliable, hardworking and dedicated team player who works well under pressure with minimal supervision. Technical expertise in troubleshooting, installation, and repair of diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles, heavy trucks, construction equipment, and excavators. Substantial knowledge regarding fuel injection, engine control, and air exhaust systems.
• Brought down overall fuel consumption costs by 30% through vigilant and effective fuel injection monitoring
• Detected a minor fault in the hydraulic brake system and rectified the same saving the company from a replacement cost of up till $20k
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Preventive Maintenance
– Hydraulic Brakes
– Auto/Manual Transmission
– Machinery Alignment
– Engine Service
|– Parts Replacement
– Component Repairing
– Fuel Efficiency
– Tracked Suspensions
– Vehicle Inspection
– Problem Diagnosis
Heavy Duty Mechanic
ANDERSON TRUCKING SERVICE, Cotulla, TX (9/2012 – Present)
• Repair, overhaul, maintain and service diesel-powered vehicles and heavy trucks
• Diagnose functional equipment issues, determine repairs to be done and communicate the same effectively to management
• Demonstrate effort to reduce service time by streamlining the service process
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice
APAC, Cotulla, TX (4/2010 – 8/2012)
• Ordered materials needed for repair of components and spare parts
• Maintained service logbook and entered all details of services delivered on a regular basis
• Assisted in diagnosis and troubleshooting in diesel and heavy-duty gasoline-powered engines
High School Diploma
ST. ANTHONY’S CONVENT, Cotulla, TX, 2010
• Good physical stamina and dexterity
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs
• Adherent to workplace safety guidelines