A Patient Care Technician (PCT) is responsible for providing direct patient care. S/he receives orders from RN and physicians to perform particular nursing interventions to achieve treatment goals.
Strong communication, interpersonal and time-management skills are necessary for the position as a patient care technician needs to respond instantly to patient requests.
These professionals are also required to educate patients regarding the treatment procedure.
A resume along with a PCT Cover Letter is usually required by employers to apply for a patient care technician job. Therefore, it is essential to know what you are writing, why you are writing it, and what is anticipated as you write it.
Keep in mind that you need to understand the specific requirements of each section of the Patient Care Technician Resume.
PCT Resume Sections
A good resume for this position contains information about the applicant’s contact information, career objective, key achievements, relevant education, and work experience.
The following resume for a Patient Care Technician will assist new candidates having no work experience as well as less experienced applicants.
Sample Resume for Patient Care Technician Position
132 5th Avenue, Decatur, GA 65214
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
Poised to utilize my compassionate care and clerical skills to provide quality health services to patients.
• Over 10 years of dedicated experience in providing excellent patient care.
• Hands-on experience in transcribing, documenting, and transmitting RN or physician’s orders.
• Adept at taking vital signs; temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
• In-depth knowledge of preparing, maintaining, and disseminating unit reports.
• Proven record of preparing and maintaining the patient’s medical history.
PATIENT CARE EXPERTISE
• Providing comfort and privacy to patients during the shift.
• Maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff.
• Answering the phone and giving information to patients and families.
• Developing patient care plans.
• Assisting residents in activities of daily living for patients.
• Outstanding patient care abilities demonstrated through work in different healthcare facilities.
• Particularly useful in performing well during emergencies.
Patient Care Technician
DeKalb Medical, Decatur, GA
May 2014 – Present
• Develop and maintain patient care plans as assigned by a registered nurse
• Report all patient-related activity to the senior management promptly
• Take and record the patient’s blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, temperature, and respiration rate
• Maintain the safety and privacy of patients
• Inspect and clean the work area
• Change dressings of patients
• Achieved patient recognition award in June 2021
• Improved the overall efficiency of the facility by introducing new patient care techniques
Patient Care Aide
St. Vincent’s Hospital – Birmingham, AL
Jan 2012 – May 2013
• Provided direct and indirect patient care to assist the smooth functioning of the unit
• Took patients’ vital signs such as pulse, respiration, temperature, and blood pressure
• Provided safe and expert care for patients regarding nutrition, hygiene needs
• Helped with the entrance, discharge, and transfer of patients
• Transferred and lifted patients
• Bathed and groomed residents
Alabama State Certified Nursing Assistant
High School Diploma
East Birmingham High School, East Birmingham, AL
• Excellent Communication skills
• Compassionate nature
• Good attention to detail