A Patient Care Technician (PCT) is accountable for providing direct patient care.
S/he receives orders from RN and physicians to perform particular nursing interventions to achieve treatment goals.
Strong communication, interpersonal and time-management skills are necessary for the position as a PCT needs to respond instantly to patient requests.
These professionals are also required to educate patients regarding treatment procedure.
As a resume along with a PCT Cover Letter is usually required by employers to apply for this job, it is essential to know what you are writing, why you are writing it, and what is anticipated as you write it.
Keep in mind that you need to understand the specific requirements of each section of Patient Care Technician Resume. A good resume for this position contains information of applicant’s contact information, career objective, significant achievements, relevant education, and work experience.
The following resume for a Patient Care Technician will assist new candidates having no work experience as well as less experienced applicants.
Patient Care Technician Resume Sample
132 Example Avenue, Decatur, GA 65214
(000) 214-6565 | [Email]
Patient Care Technician
Poised to utilize compassionate care and clerical skills to provide quality health services to patients.
• Over five years’ dedicated experience in patient care field.
• Hands-on experience in transcribing, documenting, and transmitting RN or physician’s orders.
• Adept at taking vital signs; temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates.
• In-depth knowledge of preparing, maintaining, and disseminating unit reports.
• Proven record of preparing and maintaining the patient’s medical history.
PATIENT CARE EXPERTISE
• Providing comfort and privacy of patients during the shift.
• Maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff.
• Answering phone and provide information to patients and families.
• Developing patient care plans.
• Assisting residents in activities of daily living for patients.
• Outstanding patient care abilities demonstrated through work in different healthcare facilities.
• Particularly useful in performing well during emergency situations.
Patient Care Technician | DeKalb Medical, Decatur, GA | May 2014 – Present
• Develop and maintain patient care plans as assigned by a registered nurse.
• Report all patient-related activity to the senior management promptly.
• Take and record patient’s blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, temperature, and respiration rate.
• Maintain safety and privacy of patients.
• Inspect and clean work area.
• Change dressings of patients.
• Achieved patient recognition award – June 2015.
• Improved the overall efficiency of the facility by introducing new patient care techniques.
Patient Care Aide | St. Vincent’s Hospital – Birmingham, AL | Jan 2012 – May 2013
• Provided direct and indirect patient care to assist smooth functioning of the unit.
• Took patients’ vital signs such as pulse, respiration, temperature and blood pressure.
• Provided safe and expert care for patients regarding nutrition, hygiene needs.
• Helped with the entrance, discharge, and transfer of patients.
• Ambulated, transferred and lifted patients.
• Bathed and groomed residents.
Alabama State Certified Nursing Assistant
High School Diploma
East Birmingham High School, East Birmingham, AL
• Excellent Communication skills
• Compassionate nature
• Good attention to detail
Last updated on