An oil technician or automotive lube technician tests a vehicle’s fluids and makes repairs when necessary. Specifically, they check and change the oil in cars, commercial vehicles, and trucks. In addition, they perform many relevant tasks such as check the status of tires, air filters, windshield wiper fluid, and brake fluid, and engine coolant.
They need to know how much of every fluid (and how much tire pressure) vehicle requirements for good performance.
Below is an excellent resume sample for an oil technician position. This sample will help you build or update your resume.
Sample Resume for Oil Technician
89 Atlanta Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hardworking and detail-oriented Oil and Lube Technician with extensive experience in changing oil, servicing tires, and inspecting and troubleshooting vehicles in a fast-paced environment. Dependable and persistent with a high energy level. Excellent time management and teamwork acumen. Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
• CSW Safety policies and procedures
• Fueling and service of equipment
• Work orders and logs, as well as forms filling
• Oil and fluid changes as per protocols
• Fluids inspection and refilling
• Tires inspection
ABX Car Care Company, Halifax, NS
2013 – Present
• Perform oil checks and oil changes in a variety of automotive vehicles
• Change transmission fluids as per maintenance standards
• Locate and correct faulty areas in the vehicle such as ignition, brake shoes, and wheel bearings
• Tune auto engines for optimum performance
• Repair and maintain vehicle components such as air conditioners, carburetors, and condensers
City Autos, Halifax, NS
2009 – 2013
• Maintained dealership records
• Provided information to clients and recommended any needed maintenance regarding their vehicles
• Performed routine checks and repairs of all vehicles, including checking tire pressures and fluid levels
• Greased bearings, examined repairs and overhauled the brake systems
• Removed and replaced automobile leaf springs, tailpipes, and mufflers
Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON – 2008