An oil technician or automotive lube technician tests a vehicle’s fluids and makes repairs when essential.
Oil Technicians check the oil levels in cars, commercial vehicles and trucks, in addition to performing relevant tasks such as status of tires, air filters, windshield wiper fluid, and brake fluid and engine coolant.
They need to know how much of every fluid (and how much tire pressure) a vehicle requirements for good performance.
Below is a resume sample for oil technician resume. This sample will help you build or update your resume.
Oil Technician Resume Sample
Apt 101, Atlanta Avenue, Peterborough, ON D5S 1C1
(000) 320-2531, Email Address
Oil and Lube Technician
Hardworking and detail-oriented Oil and Lube Technician with extensive experience in changing oil, servicing tires, and inspecting and troubleshooting vehicles in a fast-paced environment. Dependable and persistent with high energy level. Excellent time management and teamwork acumen. Ability to work independently as well as a part of team.
• CSW Safety policies and procedures
• Fueling and service of equipment
• Work orders, logs and SOS forms filling
• Oil and fluid changing as per protocols
• Fluids inspection and refilling
• Tires inspection
ABX Car Care Company, Halifax, Nova Scotia | 2013 – Present
• Perform oil checks and oil changes in a variety of automotive vehicles.
• Change transmission fluids as per maintenance standards.
• Locate and correct faulty areas in the vehicle such as ignition, brake shoes and wheel bearings.
• Tune auto engines for optimum performance.
• Repair and maintain vehicle components such as air conditioners, carburetors and condensers.
City Autos, Halifax, Nova Scotia | 2009 – 2013
• Maintained dealership records
• Provided information to clients and recommended any needed maintenance regarding their vehicles.
• Performed routine checks and repairs of all vehicles, including checking tire pressures and fluid levels.
• Greased bearings, examined repairs and overhauled the brake systems.
• Removed and replaced automobile leaf springs, tail pipes and mufflers.
Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON – 2008
Last updated on