A software engineering internship is the most crucial step to starting your professional career.
As a great first step towards many exciting job opportunities, internships provide a solid base for a real-time environment.
In order to apply for a software engineer internship, you will need to write a compelling resume that is perfect in every sense.
Because you are trying hard at making a positive first impression, you have to put in a lot more effort.
The following example will guide you on how to write a winning cover letter for a software engineer intern position.
Software Engineer Internship Resume Sample
593 Prince Avenue
Winchester, MA 02121
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN
Technical-savvy software engineering student with a strong ability to determine projects’ operational feasibility and design, and implement correlating solutions. Seeking internship at ABC Company.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Adept at documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, layouts, flowcharts, and clear codes according to master specifications.
- Well-versed with the full lifecycle of the software design process.
- Unmatched talent in conducting systems analysis to improve operations in application codes.
- Focused on effectively executing full-cycle software development by writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Demonstrated expertise in integrating new software components into fully functional software systems.
- Highly skilled in modifying existing software to correct errors to help it adapt to new hardware or to increase its efficiency.
- Information Analysis
- Software Design
- Interface Implementation
- Object-Oriented Design
- Outcome Measurements
- Prototyping and Testing
- Proof of Concept
- System Maintenance
Frameworks: RMI, RPC, J2EE, CORBA
Software: Lotus Notes, MS Word, and Excel, WhiteBox
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, IOS, Android
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
State University, Winchester, MA
Expected Completion Date: August 2020
- Application Design
- Software Engineering
- Database Management
- Computer Networks
- Systems Design
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Graphics
- Computing, Ethics, and Society
- Developed a scalable and robust web-based solution to resolve complex business problems for AppFolio.
- Optimized existing features of a software system for Jenzabar to drive optimum performance.
- Part of the team of volunteers brought onboard IBM to perform research work and recommend new technologies and trends for the company.