A software engineering internship may be the most important step at the beginning of your career.
As a great stepping stone for opportunities that may follow, internships provide us with a solid base for when we want to work in an actual environment. So it stands to reason that we pay extra attention to our resumes at this stage.
Internship resume writing needs to be perfect at every stage, but since you are trying hard at making a positive first impression when applying for an internship, it makes sense that you put in a lot more effort than an accomplished/experienced person would in her or his resume.
Hiring managers can be unforgiving of small, negligible mistakes which they do not deem so insignificant after all. They go through each detail that you have provided with great concentration so that they can have reasons to disqualify you as a viable candidate. No, hiring managers are not “mean” – that is their job. Even if a hiring manager does not go into too much detail, he or she will have an eye for picking out the things that you have incorrectly placed on your resume. That is experience talking!
Software Engineer Internship Resume Sample
593 Prince Avenue ● Winchester, MA 02121 ● (000) 141-8574 ● robstan @email .com
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN
Technically savvy software engineering student with a strong ability to determine projects’ operational feasibility and design, and implement correlating solutions. Adept at documenting and demonstrating these solutions by developing documentation, layouts, flowcharts and clear codes according to master specifications.
• Well versed with full lifecycle of the software design process
• Unmatched talent in conducting systems analysis to improving operations in application codes
• Focused on effectively executing full cycle software development by writing well-designed, testable and efficient code
• Demonstrated expertise in integrating new software components into fully functional software systems
• Highly skilled in modifying existing software to correct errors with a view to helping it adapt to new hardware or to increase its efficiency
|• Information Analysis||• Software Design||• Proof of Concept|
|• Object-Oriented Design||• Prototyping||• Outcome Measurements|
|• Interface Implementation||• Testing||• Maintenance|
Frameworks: RMI, RPC, J2EE, CORBA
Software: Lotus Notes, MS Word, and Excel, WhiteBox
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX
MASSACHUSETTS STATE UNIVERSITY, Winchester, MA
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Expected Completion Date: August 2016
Coursework: Application Design ~ Software Engineering ~ Database Management ~ Computer Networks ~ Systems Design ~ Compilers ~ Operating Systems ~ Computer Architecture ~ Computer Graphics ~ Calculus ~ Computing, Ethics, and Society
• Developed a scalable and robust web-based solution to resolve complex business problems for AppFolio
• Optimized existing features of a software system for Jenzabar to drive optimum performance
• Part of the team of volunteers brought onboard IBM to perform research work and recommend new technologies and trends for the company
Last updated on