The quantity of information that you provide in an entry-level Cable Technician resume can be compromised on – the quality cannot.
Connecting what you have to what an employer wants at this stage may not be too easy, but it is critical to understand that in all your communications with the employer (resumes, cover letters or interviews), the responsibility of creating a match rests with you.
Through a Cable Technician resume, it is up to you to convince the employer that you are worthy of an interview.
Your academic and work experience (internships or apprenticeships for an entry-level resume) need to demonstrate your Cable Technician skills that make you a good fit for the job. And to achieve this, you must research the organization and positions so that you have a clear idea of what to showcase.
Remember that first impressions matter.
Take a look at your resume before you send it off – what does it say?
Make sure that any negativity or chances of a negative impact are gotten rid of before you declare it complete.
Focusing on information that is relevant to the job and the employer and keeping your resume short, is the key to getting you to the next stage.
For your benefit, here is a resume sample for a cable technician who has had no experience:
Entry Level Cable Technician Resume with No Experience
6078 Lee Drive | Columbia, TN 85851 | (000) 412-5411 | tylerbash @email .com
Industrious and versatile, with solid knowledge of handling cable installation and repair work. A hardworking and diligent individual who has a demonstrated ability to take, understand and act upon orders, in a bid to meet project deadlines effectively.
- Competent in the installation of cable pathway development, raceway and attachments such as equipment racks and cabinets.
- Highly skilled in handling terminating and labeling activities, along with testing connectivity hardware including jacks, patch panels, and blocks.
- Proven ability to perform cable installation from tap to ground and from the ground block into homes.
- Adept at reading blueprints and cut sheets and produce redlines to contract design drawings
High School Diploma – 2018
Columbia High School, Columbia, TN
Prime Communications, Columbia, TN | 10/2018 – 3/2019
- Assisted in planning cable networks by studying orders, plans and manual, along with technical specifications
- Provided support in establishing networks by performing running, pulling and terminating duties
- Verified services by testing circuits and equipment, and assisted in identifying and correcting problems
- Documented all work processes by following established protocols and recorded configuration diagrams
- Handled inventory of cabling supplies and equipment and created and maintained effective liaison with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of both
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|– EIA/TIA Requirements||– Cable Routing||– Cable Testing|
|– Grounding||– Wiring Configurations||– CAT 5E / CAT 6|
|– Testing/Troubleshooting||– Raceway Construction||– Structured Cabling|