When building a resume, people working in the academic sector need to be able to portray their skills and qualifications in an efficient manner
A teacher or a teacher’s aide must be able to highlight his or her abilities akin to teaching methodologies and behavior management in their resume.
Take a specific example of a preschool aide – what will a person working in this position write in a resume?
Preschool aides work alongside lead teachers to ensure a learning environment where preschoolers will thrive.
They do this by assisting teachers in imparting classroom instructions and behavior management along with ensuring that students’ personal needs are met while they are at school.
They assist preschool students with meals and toileting and provide emotional support, especially to children new to the school environment.
If you are looking for a position as a preschool aide, the following resume sample may be useful to you when preparing your job application set.
Preschool Aide Resume Example
440 E Cortez Street, Phoenix, AZ 63479
• Proactive and children-focused teaching professional with 111 years of experience in assisting teachers and managing classroom activities.
• Highly skilled in providing literary-based support to lead teachers.
• In-depth knowledge of preparing the classroom for activities and learning following the curriculum.
• Hands-on experience in assisting teachers with lesson planning and knowledge imparting.
• Expert in clerical and secretarial tasks.
Phoenix Preschool, Phoenix, AZ
Jan 2016 – Present
• Assist lead teacher with curriculum development and lesson planning activities.
• Plan activities as per the curriculum.
• Supervise preschoolers in learning and behavior management.
• Prepare classroom instruction materials.
• Maintain preschoolers’ records and assist with assessments.
• Assist preschoolers with meals and toileting needs.
• Observe preschoolers for adjustment or behavior issues.
• Introduced a toilet training program for toddlers which brought about 80% more success than the original program.
• Developed and implemented the core curriculum for the nursery in the absence of the lead teacher.
Rhodes Preschool, Phoenix, AZ
Jan 2009 – Dec 2016
• Assisted in imparting classroom instruction to preschoolers.
• Managed students’ behavior and handled assessments.
• Assisted preschoolers at mealtimes and with toileting needs.
• Prepared and teach daily activity-based lessons.
• Helped with daily cleanup and tidying of classrooms each day.
• Effectively managed a class of children with special needs.
• Formulated an activities-based learning program for preschoolers which focused primarily on mental agility.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Arizona State University – Phoenix, AZ
Major: Early Childhood Education