Toddler Teacher Job Description
Toddler teaching is an interactive position wherein the candidate is required to engage in constant grooming activities with toddlers, typically between ages 1 and three years.
They are responsible for handling a small group of toddlers, grooming them socially, and educating them while following a pre-designed curriculum. They integrate fun activities into the learning process to make the learning viable for toddlers. They also maintain progress charts of pupils and conducting parent-teacher meetings on a regular basis to discuss the child’s progress.
This is a very responsible position since the toddler teacher not only has to train the children but also has to supervise them and ensure the provision of a safe and healthy environment that supports all aspects of their learning and development.
It is highly advisable to go through job descriptions associated with the position before attempting to craft a resume or cover letter for the same. Following are the job descriptions for a toddler teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities of Toddler Teacher
- Entertain a group of toddlers on a daily basis, imparting education and social skills in a friendly and engaging manner
- Maintain individual portfolios of each child and gauge their weekly progress in various skills via well-designed progress charts
- Bring innovation in education, make learning easy and interesting for the pupils
- Conduct group activates and also provide one on one pieces of training for targeted skills development in the pupils
- Communicate effectively with the parents, counsel them if needed and discuss the progress of children efficiently
- Coordinate with the counselor regularly regarding pupils with behavioral issues and take necessary steps for resolution of those issues
- Maintain the classroom and play area according to state-approved standards of orderliness, cleanliness, and hygiene
- Demonstrate the understanding of child developmental milestones at the mental, physical, social and psychological levels and timely identify any developmental blocks
- Facilitate the group during practical exercises, expertly demonstrate the exercises and keenly observe and monitor the children as they practice the same
- Introduce social values like empathy, sharing, honesty, gratitude, forgiveness, and the like
- Supervise indoor and outdoor play during play hours
- Plan and submit activity-based weekly lesson plan rooted in the curriculum targets for the week
Qualifications for Toddler Teaching Position
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Innovative in teaching methodology
- Compliance with general personal and spatial hygiene standards
- Ability to lift young kids carefully
- Proficient in communicating with young kids
- Record maintenance expertise
- Ability to meet curricular deadlines