Below are some innovative features of an After School Program Tutor Resume that will help your resume gain an edge over your competitors.
One page document with modern format: Go for a single paged resume consisting of clearly communicated job relevant skills and achievements, topped by an executive summary.
Tailored and customized: Do not send out generic resumes. Customize your resume to make sure it corresponds uniquely to every specific position you apply for.
Space optimization: Make sure there is enough white space on your resume that relieves the readers’ eyes and enable highlighting of your core competencies.
High Relevance: Keep in mind that the employer will only give a few seconds to your resume. A slight irrelevant detail can bore them enough to put down your document and move on to the next one. Include only relevant candidacy details to avoid this.
The resume sample given below corresponds with an after school tutor position.
321 Oxford Lane • Detroit, MI 89003 • (005) 333-2222 • nolan . carter @ email . com
AFTER SCHOOL TUTOR ~ 7 YEARS
Highly-organized, energetic k-12 educational professional with proven record of one on one tutoring and classroom management. Well versed in enrichment of students’ individual potential through development and maintenance of engaging and interactive classrooms. Comfortable in communicating with students and parents belonging to diverse backgrounds. Apt at determining learning styles and developing corresponding instructional strategies, in order to enhance overall student performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Lesson Planning||● Progress Reporting||● Lesson Instruction|
|● Attendance Maintenance||● Supervision||● Student Supervision|
|● Curriculum Development||● Counseling||● Classroom Management|
|● Parental Communication||● Activity Conduction||● Technology Integration|
• Enhanced over all academic percentage by 12% by implementing instructional strategies based on the student’s learning styles
• Devised a unique curriculum to cater for special needs’ mainstreamed student population
• Earned the ‘Most Dedicated Teacher’ Award thrice
ASPIRE PULIC SCHOOL, Detroit, MI
After School Program Tutor, 5/2010 to Present
• Organize, coordinate and conduct after school activities
• Maintain a healthy and facilitating study environment
• Develop and execute weekly lesson plans in synchronization with day time school curriculum for reinforcement of same
NOBEL LEARNING COMMUNITY, Detroit, MI
One on One Aide, 2/2007 to 4/2010
• Helped students in their home work
• Identified student’s weak areas and tutored them in same
• Kept track of student’s progress and improvement
ABC COLLEGE, Detroit, MI, 2007
Bachelor of Arts in Education
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Internet Research, Email
• Typing Speed: 45 WPM
• American Teacher’s Association, Detroit, MI
• K-12 Educational Research Club, Detroit, MI