How to Write a Winning After School Program Tutor Resume?
One page document
Write a 1-page resume that clearly communicate your relevant skills and achievements, topped by an executive summary.
Tailored and customized
Do not send a generic resume. Customize your resume to make sure it corresponds uniquely to every specific position you apply for.
Make sure there is enough white space on your resume that relieves the readers’ eyes and enable highlighting of your core competencies.
Keep in mind that the employer will only give a few seconds to your resume. Therefore, write only relevant information.
A slight irrelevant detail can annoy them enough to discard your resume and move on to the next one.
See also: Tutor Cover Letter
After School Program Tutor Resume Sample
321 Oxford Lane, Detroit, MI 89003
nolan . carter @ email . com
AFTER SCHOOL TUTOR ~ 7 YEARS
Highly-organized and energetic K-12 educationalist with a proven record of one on one tutoring and classroom management. Well versed in the enrichment of students’ individual potential through development and maintenance of engaging and interactive classrooms. Comfortable in communicating with students and parents belonging to diverse backgrounds. Apt at determining learning styles and developing corresponding instructional strategies, in order to enhance overall student performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Lesson Planning
– Progress Reporting
– Lesson Instruction
– Attendance Maintenance
– Curriculum Development
– Classroom Management
After School Program Tutor
ASPIRE PULIC SCHOOL, Detroit, MI 2010-Present
• Enhanced the overall academic percentage by 12%, by implementing instructional strategies based on the student’s learning styles
• Devised a unique curriculum to cater for special needs’ mainstreamed student population
• Organize, coordinate and conduct after school activities
• Maintain a healthy and facilitating study environment
• Develop and execute weekly lesson plans
One on One Aide
NOBEL LEARNING COMMUNITY, Detroit, MI 2007-2010
• Attained the ‘Most Dedicated Aide’ Award thrice
• Helped students in their homework
• Identified student’s weak areas and tutored them in same
• Kept track of student’s progress and improvement
Bachelor of Arts in Education
ABC COLLEGE, Detroit, MI, 2007
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Internet Research, Email
• Typing Speed: 45 WPM
American Teacher’s Association, Detroit, MI
K-12 Educational Research Club, Detroit, MI