An optometrist must focus highly on the objective they write when preparing a resume.
This is because the objective marks the beginning of the resume, and should effectively highlight your skills for the hiring manager to see.
In the optometrist objective statement, you should mention that you are excellent at performing eye and vision tests and that you can use the right equipment to do so.
Making your optometrist’s resume objective a hit is important. You can do this by adding information about your ability to diagnose eye defects, such as myopia, and glaucoma.
In addition, your skills in prescribing the right medicines, and eyeglasses or contacts must be mentioned in your resume objective.
As an optometrist, your main focus should be on your ability to advise patients on proper eye care techniques.
You must also ensure that your objective speaks highly of your ability to train patients in using contact lenses and make good use of eyeglasses.
Related: Optometrist Cover Letter
Some resume objectives for an optometrist position are provided here as examples:
Sample Objectives for Optometrist Resume
1. Diligent Optometrist with 15 years of experience in performing vision tests, analyzing results, and diagnosing sight problems, such as myopia, and eye diseases. Eager to prescribe glasses, contact lenses, and medication to correct patients’ eyesight at ABC Eye Clinic.
2. Looking for an Optometrist position at SSM Health. Bringing the ability to provide treatments such as vision therapy, and low-vision rehabilitation. Proficient in evaluating patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes, and hypertension, as they relate to vision issues.
3. Results-driven Optometrist with 11 years of track record in performing thorough eye inspections, providing advice, identifying patients’ visual alertness, vision, hand-eye coordination, and diagnosing sight issues such as nearsightedness, and color blindness. Seeking employment at ABC Clinic.
4. To work as an Optometrist for Ocular Health. Offering 3 years of hands-on experience in examining patients’ eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents, and instruments. Adept at using instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, and coordination. Able to use test results to diagnose eyesight issues such as color blindness, and glaucoma.
5. To obtain a position as an Optometrist at Vision Works. Eager to bring talents in providing outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and diseases. Able to conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests. Proficient in determining patients’ visual acuity, visual field, and hand-eye coordination.