How do you ensure the efficacy of the resume that you send in to apply for a barista position at Starbucks?
Since you do not know who is going to read it (and not how the person reading it will perceive it) it is best to be careful at all ends.
A resume holds a lot of information, and it is essential for all this information to actually “say” something and not merely sit there!
A resume format for Starbucks barista position is given here for your reference:
Starbucks Barista Resume Sample
44 Cooper Road | Elizabethtown, KY 09988
(000) 541-2142 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to providing the world-class customer service to contribute to overall success of Cafe.
Experienced and customer service-oriented individual, with over seven years of experience working in high-end coffee shops. Exceptionally talented in preparing popular blends of coffee, latte, and espresso by following set standards and protocols.
Assist with food preparation and serving, ensuring time-efficiency and accuracy of orders. Ability to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation standards of coffee bars and customer sitting areas. Known for building collaborative relationships with the team members and customers.
|✓ Coffee Blending||✓ Order Taking||✓ Food Safety/Hygiene|
|✓ Food Preparation||✓ Stock Rotating||✓ Coffee Tasting|
|✓ Counter Operations||✓ Cashiering Services||✓ Portion Control|
|✓ Display Management||✓ Serving Protocols||✓ Temperature Maintenance|
Starbucks, Elizabethtown, KY | 8/2012 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the coffee counter and inquire into their choice of coffee blend
• Assist customers in determining the right type of coffee blend according to their specific tastes
• Take orders for coffee and food items and ensure that they are properly recorded
• Relay food orders to the backend and prepare coffee and smoothie orders at the coffee counter
• Coordinate efforts with the kitchen staff to ensure that food orders are delivered on time
• Serve coffee and food orders and ensure that any additional requirements are serviced immediately
• Ascertain the cleanliness, sanitation, and maintenance of the coffee counter and ensure that stock items are appropriately rotated
• Keep a close watch on the coffee supplies inventory, and inform procurement manager of any low stock situations
✓ Devised a novel coffee blend that became popular amongst the locals and earned the coffee shop 30% more revenue than usual
✓ Suggested acquirement of a device that helped maintain serving temperature of different coffee blends
Captain Cook’s, Elizabethtown, KY | 2/2011 – 8/2012
• Welcomed patrons as they arrived at the restaurant and ensured that they were adequately seated
Presented menus and provided food and beverage suggestions according to their specific tastes
• Assisted waiters by following up on food orders and serving large orders to patrons
• Cleared away tables and ensured that all tables and counters were properly cleaned and sanitized
• Ascertained that the condiments counter was adequately stocked and that any low stock items were communicated to the manager
✓ Substituted as a host for four weeks due to the absence of the head host due to an illness
✓ Implemented a series of inventory and stock management directives, resulting in increased efficiency of both systems
Elizabeth High School, Elizabethtown, KY – 2011
High School Diploma
COMPUTER & LANGUAGE SKILLS
• POS System
• MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
“I sell and share my knowledge with customers and coworkers, relate easily to others, and build rapport – I deliver.”