If you have been through a few resume samples but you are still unsure of what type of format you need, you may be looking at all the wrong samples.
While readily available resume samples for janitorial supervisor position do not always help us absolutely, they do provide a little assistance in setting the direction.
For a standard format that works in all situations, refer to the sample below:
55 Road 455 | Cloverale, OH 46912 | (000) 905-5214 | edwinlocust @ email . com
Physically strong, confident and highly competent Janitorial Supervisor with strong leadership acumen and ability to hire, train and motivate janitorial staff. Successful track record of creating and implementing janitorial staff schedules and ensuring that they carry out their activities safely and in a timely manner. A self-directed individual who has strong sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of janitorial staff
• Highly experienced in evaluating and verifying staff member performance through review of completed work assignments
• Exceptionally talented in identifying staff training and development needs and ensuring that both are provided in a timely manner
• Competent in ensuring workplace safety by implementing core safety and precautionary measures and protocols
Scheduling | Labor Relations | Expense Control
Needs Identification | Records Maintenance | Safety Protocols
Ordering Supplies | Inventory Management | Preventative Maintenance
Building Security | Budget Control | Induction and Training
• Singlehandedly created and implemented work schedules for 4 teams of janitorial staff members, each team consisting of 12 personnel.
• Revamped the current inventory system, making it 65% more efficient than before.
• Introduced a set of safety protocols for janitorial staff to follow, resulting in increased security of team members, executives and building assets.
• Implemented a novel alarm system for the building, which resulted in fewer incidents of graffiti.
Major Maintenance Services, Cloverdale, OH | 2011 – Present
• Effectively create and implement individualized schedules for each member of the janitorial team
• Ascertain that all activities are being carried out in sync with directions and protocols
• Proactively assign areas, equipment and cleaning tools and supplies to each team member, with instructions on care and return
• Develop and train an effective team of custodial personnel by instructing them in appropriate methods of performing their work
• Interview, hire and train qualified employees and ensure that their development and training needs are constantly met
• Oversee the work of janitorial staff and provide additional instructions where required
• Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, equipment and tools and ensure that all equipment and machinery is maintained properly
• Enforce safety rules to ensure that each staff member works towards his or her goal, keeping safety of people and premises in mind
Caravan Facilities Manager, Cloverdale, OH | 2007 – 2011
• Cleaned surfaces such as floors by sweeping and mopping and ensured that warning signs (wet / slippery floor) were erected
• Washed curtains and sofas, and performed vacuuming activities on drapes and carpets
• Polished furniture and fixtures, and ensured that marble floors were properly polished and shined on a regular basis
• Sanitized bathrooms using a variety of cleaning and sanitizing supplies and ensured that soap, shampoo and paper towels were replenished
• Performed regular and preventative maintenance on cleaning equipment and tools
High School Diploma | 2006
Cloverdale High School, Cloverdale, OH