A janitor cleans and maintains particular areas such as offices, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, restrooms, elevators, and similar places in order to meet established sanitation and quality standards.
S/he also washes windows, shampoos carpets, buffs floors, empties waste, vacuums carpets, and polishes floors.
How to Write a Winning Resume for Janitorial Position?
A good resume for a Janitorial job will lead to a successful interview. In your resume, you have to mention your past experiences, as well as relevant skills, in a bullet form. Start your resume with an objective or profile statement.
The following janitor resume sample will help you get started.
Related: Sample Cover Letter for Janitorial
Janitorial Resume Example
33 Some Street, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Active team-player, eager to join the Janitorial team at ABC organization, making the most of physical stamina and cleaning skills.
• Over 5 years of extensive experience in cleaning and sanitation arena
• Detail oriented with a track record of taking the initiative
• Professional and customer service oriented conduct
• Eager to work beyond regular hours as well as overnight
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
• Proven ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Able to push, pull and lift 25 pounds of weight
|✓ Fixtures Cleaning|
✓ Furniture Dusting
✓ Replenishing Supplies
✓ Equipment Transport
|✓ Floor/Metal Polishing|
✓ Floor Washing
✓ Bulbs Replacement
✓ Sweeping and Mopping
✓ Trash Disposal
Worked hard in performing all kinds of janitorial and other duties as assigned by supervisor
Innovated new methods to better handle cleaning work and serve customers
Delivered exceptional services as promised by the employer
Exceeded employers’ and customers’ expectations owing to the extraordinary dedication
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, AB
May 2017 – Present
• Responsible for the sanitation of all front of house areas
• Maintain the highest standard of internal and external customer service
• Enthusiastically take part in the environmental program and department
• Take initiatives in working toward sustainable operations
• Fulfill with hotel’s policies, procedures, and code of ethics
• Carry out any additional tasks which are assigned by management
• Diligently involve in maintaining a safe work environment
Alutiiq – Albuquerque, NM
Jan 2015 – May 2017
• Provided custodial support under the direction of the housekeeping supervisor
• Cared for, maintained and cleaned assigned facilities
• Cleaned and sanitized restrooms and their related fixtures
• Swept, dusted, vacuumed and polished floors and equipment
• Emptied, cleaned and sanitized waste containers
• Identified and reported building maintenance requirements
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Albuquerque, NM – 2004
Strong professional references available