There may have been half a dozen incidents where your resume did not bring in the desired results.
Why do you think that happened?
Probably because the way it was structured wasn’t great.
Use the following sample to help you write a structured resume:
Golf Course Superintendent Resume Example
34 Sontag Drive, Franklin, TN 60021
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
Exceptionally talented and resourceful Golf Course Superintendent with a 7-plus-year solid track record of handling golf course supervision work. Highly experienced in ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of golf courses and correlating activities.
• Competent in planning and executing all maintenance and project work, ensuring that project deadlines are met.
• Effectively able to diagnose and determine deficiencies such as soil disease, desiccation, and winter kill issues.
• Deep familiarity with identifying the proper application of grass seeds, and ensuring that soil and sand mixtures are appropriately managed.
• Demonstrated ability to handling budgets for equipment and purchases necessary for golf course maintenance work.
|✓ Staff Oversight||✓ Soil Checks||✓ Project Layouts|
|✓ Greens Handling||✓ Inventory Management||✓ Disease Control|
|✓ Maintenance and Repair||✓ Deficiency Diagnosis||✓ Grass Application|
|✓ Sprinkler Installation||✓ Irrigation Strategies||✓ Nursery Yardage Oversight|
• Successfully oversaw the building and maintenance of an entire golf course, within the timeline provided for completion.
• Trained over 50 staff members to handle golf course maintenance work, as part of their induction procedure.
• Suggested a foolproof way of controlling diseases, earning a high commendation from the management.
• Devised a novel irrigation strategy, which was considered 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
Golf Course Superintendent
Troon Golf, Franklin, TN | 6/2010 – Present
• Create and maintain annual golf course management budget, ensuring that all activities remain within.
• Plan, organize and direct the construction and maintenance of putting greens, and ornamental plants.
• Oversee the planting and cultural practices involved in growing tuft grasses and trees.
• Procure supplies and equipment to ensure that all golf course maintenance work is done in an efficient manner.
• Oversee the work of golf course workers, ensuring that all are working according to schedule.
• Ascertain that chemicals are properly mixed and applied and that safety issues are made the top priority.
• Train staff members to perform high-quality maintenance, planting, and disease control activities.
• Create and maintain records of all maintenance activities, and expenses about golf course maintenance and upkeep.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Tee, Franklin, TN| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted in creating and implementing golf course crew schedules, ensuring that they were being followed.
• Created and maintained liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of supplies.
• Ascertained that all chemicals being used in the golf course are done safely.
• Kept records of annual maintenance activities and costs, and prepared reports.
• Provided support in handling irrigation working, suggesting cost-effective and “green” ways of handling the work.
Tennessee State University, Franklin, TN – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy