Hair stylists confer with clients, determine their hair care needs, cut and trim hairs, and provide suggestions on how to clients. Some of the major responsibilities of a hair stylist include cutting, trimming, styling, shampooing, and rinsing.
They use a variety of tools and equipment to perform these duties, i.e., hairdryers, straightening irons, and trimmers.
They are required to hold a cosmetology license as employers usually prefer a license.
In a hair stylist resume, you should include information about your appropriate hairstyling skills and relevant qualifications, as well as experience.
The following resume sample for a hair stylist position will guide you on how to write a good resume.
Sample Resume for Hair Stylist Position
8917 Crug Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 66382
Hair Cutting | Styling | Chemical/Scalp Treatments | Skin/Nail Care
• Energetic and competent hairstylist with 9+ years of hands-on experience in hair cutting, trimming, shampooing, and rinsing.
• Well-versed in modern and novel hairstyling techniques.
• Highly skilled in determining clients’ needs for hair care and styling.
• Adept at using a variety of chemicals and herbs for hair care treatments.
• Profound know-how of providing after-care education to clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Cutting • Styling
• Coloring • Highlighting
• Permanent Waves • Straightening
• Communication • Customer Service
• Latest salon techniques
• Responding to guest inquiries in a timely, friendly, and competent manner
• Maintaining records, inventories, and supplies
• Cleanliness of work area
Tony and Guy, Fort Wayne, IN
Mar 2015 – Present
• Welcome clients as they arrive at the salon
• Confer with clients to determine their individual hair care needs
• Provide cutting and styling services
• Provide services such as bleaching, coloring, and conditioning
• Manage hair straightening and perms
• Suggest hair care products and attempt to sell salon’s retail products
• Provide hair coloring services.
• Provided hairstyling training to five groups of newly hired trainee hairstylists over a three-year period.
• Introduced novel styling equipment to the salon as part of its revamp efforts.
ABC Saloon, Some City, IN
Sep 2009 – Mar 2015
• Greeted clients as they arrived and took preliminary information
• Recorded clients’ personal and contact information
• Assisted in performing hair care treatments
• Managed cleaning up activities after hair care appointments
• Ensured appropriate cleaning and sterilization of cutting and trimming equipment
• Commended by the salon’s oldest patron on providing excellence in support services to the hairstylist.
• Attained sales targets of the salon by endorsing its products to clients and patrons.
Aesthetics Cosmetology Institute, Fort Wayne, IN
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers