A hotel steward handles all activities related to cleaning and maintenance. They are responsible for cleaning dishes, and operating and maintaining cleaning trash compactors, dishwashing machines, and handwashing stations. Additionally, they ensure the storage of clean glassware, silverware, cookware, and utensils.
The following is an excellent resume sample for an entry-level hotel steward with less or no relevant experience in hand.
Feel free to use and modify this example as per your needs.
Hotel Steward Resume Sample With Less or No Experience
111 6th Street
Houston, TX 36669
Seeking a Hotel Steward position with Houston City Hotel. Bringing strong knowledge of the hospitality and housekeeping industry to increase profits and 5-star reviews.
- Over 4 months of first-hand experience in stewarding capacity.
- Able to perform assigned duties with great attention to detail, pace, correctness, and ethical manner.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of hotel standards, policies, and procedures.
- Known for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with colleagues and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Chemical handling
- Customer service
- Maintenance and safety
- Cleaning techniques
Pearl Continental Hotel, Houston TX
Jul 2022 – Present
- Oversee all aspects of hotel operations
- Ensure that the entire facility runs efficiently and the hotel workers perform their duties correctly
- Assist with customer service, check guests into or out of the hotel, and transport guests’ luggage to rooms
- Guide guests regarding travel destinations
- Watch over the security personnel; ensure all hotel security procedures are followed
- Organize conference rooms for scheduled events
- Act as custodian and watchman of the hotel
AS in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Texas College of Hospitality, Houston TX
- Flexible schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Able to perform a variety of physical movements throughout the work areas
- Proven ability to lift, bend, stoop, take, push, or pull heavy loads (up to 35 lbs.)
Superior references available
Recommended: Steward Cover Letter