Job seekers leave a lot to be desired when they use old resume writing methods to win the favor of the hiring manager.
It is now time to use other means of persuading them to hire you – or at least, call you in for an interview.
Instead of using fancy fonts and designs to make your resume stand out, use plain font and format. A simple layout is more attractive for employers as compared to fancy detailing.
Take a look at the following resume sample for a food runner to determine how to do this:
Food Runner Resume Sample
11 Seminole Drive
Evanston, WY 82903
Attention to Detail – Friendly – Can-do Attitude
Results-oriented and committed Food Runner with a 10-plus-year track record in ensuring memorable dining experiences for restaurant patrons. Well-versed in running food items from the back-end to customer areas promptly and professionally. Efficiently expedites food and beverage orders controls the flow of prepared food items and gives a finishing touch to food items. A quick learner who consistently increased profits for employers.
The Mark Hotel, Evanston, WY
(12/2017 – Present)
• Suggested the use of tickers, thereby increasing the efficiency of order delivery.
• Set up and oversaw the banquet table for a huge event containing 460 customers.
• Implemented an inventory monitoring system which decreased problems associated with low supplies.
• Take orders from servers and waiters and ensure that they are delivered to the kitchen area in a prompt time.
• Read and interpret tickers to determine the time of order delivery and ensure that it is expedited.
• Assist kitchen staff in preparing food items and ensure that appropriate garnishing is done.
• Compare prepared food items to customers’ order slips to ensure the accuracy of orders.
• Take prepared food items to the restaurant area and hand them to servers or waiters.
City Hospitality, Evanston, WY
(1/2014 – 12/2017)
• Handled set-up and breakdown of docking stations at the end and beginning of each shift.
• Removed dirty dishes from tables and ensured that they are bussed with new ones.
• Set up buffet tables and ensured that dishes are always filled with food items.
• Assisted in serving large orders by holding trays or placing dishes on tables.
• Ensured that the restaurant area, including tables and chairs, was kept constantly cleaned and sanitized.
Food Server / Cafeteria Assistant
City School, Evanston, WY
(11/2010 – 1/2014)
• Greeted students and staff members to the cafeteria and assisted them in finding tables.
• Presented menus and took orders for food and beverages.
• Responded to questions regarding menu items and ingredients.
• Relayed requests to the kitchen area, followed up, and delivered orders in a time-efficient manner.
• Cleaned and bussed tables and ensured that all counters and surfaces were kept clean and sanitized.
ABC Agency, Evanston, WY
(11/2002 – 5/2005)
High School Diploma – 2002
St Teresa Community School, Evanston, WY
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Order Accuracy & Management
• Ticker Reading
• Banquet Setup
• Order Refilling
• Suggestive Selling
• Station Stocking
• Kitchen Assistance
• Complaint Handling
• Cleaning & Sanitization