With the advent of social media applications such as Facebook, Youtube, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn, many new job positions have been created to make optimum use of these services.
A social media specialist is hired to market a company’s service or product on social media and is required to possess sound knowledge of the different ways to do this.
When applying for a Social Media Specialist position, the candidate will need to put all his skills and qualifications in a resume to be able to qualify for the job.
Let us see how:
Social Media Specialist Resume Example
7811 Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 88999
Social Media Specialist
• Passionate social media enthusiast with hands-on experience in collaborating with both internal and external sources to strategize social media content.
• Highly skilled in overseeing daily management of social media content.
• Functional knowledge of optimizing social media impact and engagement activities.
• Ability to work with digital marketing teams to optimize influencer programs.
• Excellent understanding of the Internet and social media channels.
Social Media Specialist
Media Partners – Arlington, VA
May 2016 – Present
• Increased the company’s sales by 20% in six months by employing effective media marketing strategies.
• Trained a team of five new employees in order to assist with media marketing.
• Maintain the company’s social media presence on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat
• Build creative social media content to attract prospective clients and increase followers
• Identify, evaluate and monitor relevant social media channels
• Implement strategies for using social media channels for marketing purposes
• Establish relationships with online communities by identifying key influences
• Manage social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Twitter
• Assist in moderating forums and answering questions of visitors
• Prepare status reports
Social Media Intern
Jan 2015 – May 2016
• Participated in social media discussions
• Responded to the comments of visitors
• Wrote creative content for blogs and social media sites
• Attended online events
• Assisted in photoshoots and multimedia projects
Bachelor of Business Administration
Virginia State University, Arlington, VA
Majors: Information Technology
Minors: Social Media Management
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service vision
• Self-directed and highly organized
• Detail oriented with great capability to multitask