Having had experience writing a dozen or so resumes will not help you in writing the thirteenth one.
Why is that?
Because each resume is different than another – each situation demands a different type of resume.
Here is a Crime Prevention Specialist resume format that will suit all situations:
Crime Prevention Specialist Resume Example
5858 Freedom Way, Boston, VA 59702
Crime Prevention Specialist
Vigilant and proactive Crime Prevention Specialist with a proven track record of creating and maintaining a liaison between police departments and communities. Highly experienced in providing a resource for the general public regarding crime prevention and quality of life issues.
Competent in meeting with community members, and identifying social conditions that result in neighborhood disputes. Ability to eliminate and reduce factors that may lead to victimization. Qualified to prevent future criminal activities, in specified geographical areas. Highly skilled in developing, implementing and overseeing a variety of crime and violence prevention programs.
✓ Crime Prevention
✓ Community Education
✓ Traffic Control Assistance
✓ Emergency Response Measures
✓ Violence Prevention
✓ Documentation Handling
✓ Security Surveys & Inspections
✓ Reduced crime rate within the assigned area by 65%, by employing exceptionally well-placed crime prevention programs.
✓ Conducted 55 crime prevention seminars in 3 years, to provide the general public with general information regarding crime prevention.
✓ Successfully stopped an organized criminal activity from taking place by recognizing early signs, and taking the lead just in time.
✓ Suggested the use of monitoring devices in assigned areas, reducing criminal activities by 55%.
Crime Prevention Specialist | 2011 – Present
Homeland Security Solutions, Boston, VA
• Create and implement crime prevention programs within assigned areas of work.
• Develop community engagement programs and educate community members in preventing crime.
• Act as a liaison between police departments and community members, and a source of information for communities.
• Meet with members of the community to identify social conditions that may lead to neighborhood disputes.
• Prepare, maintain and distribute crime prevention literature and materials for set programs.
• Conduct both residential and commercial security inspections, and determine building designs to establish crime prevention concerns.
• Intervene in criminal activities, to ensure the security and well-being of community members.
• Assist with special community events by providing traffic control assistance, and ensure that appropriate paperwork is managed in a timely manner.
Crime Prevention Officer | 2005 – 2011
City of Boston, Boston, VA
• Assisted in creating crime prevention strategies, and profoundly implemented them.
• Prepared and distributed crime prevention literature such as flyers and brochures.
• Scheduled crime prevention presentations, and collected, analyzed, and prepared information regarding crime prevention initiatives.
• Created and maintained crime prevention files for informational purposes.
• Conducted technical security surveys, and assisted in training police officers in crime prevention.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
Virginia State University, Boston, VA – 2004