Computer Support Specialists work in almost all settings that host computers. They provide specific troubleshooting and assistance services to computer users.
A resume for the Computer Support Specialist position should depict a candidate’s skills in managing both hardware and software issues along with providing education to users about computer systems and their usage.
Following is an example of a resume that has this information in relevant sections.
Computer Support Specialist Resume Example
9 Harvard Avenue, Aurora, CO 12345
kevin @ email . com
Looking for a position as a Customer Support Specialist with Prudent Solutions where I may employ my technical skills in managing networks and standalone computers to orchestrate a smooth flow of operations.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years’ hardware and software experience supporting a client base of 600+ customers in a 24-hour operational environment
• Exceptional mettle in analyzing, organizing, diagnosing, and repairing computer hardware and software
• In-depth knowledge of installing and maintaining peripherals
• Hands-on experience in providing consultation and support to office staff
• Familiar with local area networks and cabling topologies
• Demonstrated ability to work independently while establishing priorities
• Exceptional knowledge of databases
• Good grasp of antivirus programs
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
• Centralized the network system in a new way to smooth out work processes between departments by ensuring easy access to data.
• Formulated a comprehensive booklet that provided easy troubleshooting steps that staff can perform on their own before calling in for technical assistance.
Feb 2015 – Present
APM Systems – Aurora, CO
Computer Support Specialist
• Perform onsite and remote analysis of computer and network issues
• Install, configure and test hardware and software
• Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and peripherals
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance
• Install and update anti-virus programs on all computers
• Evaluate and recommend technology for purchase
• Create and conduct end-user training
• Perform preventive maintenance
• Serve as a technical contact at all times
May 2008 – Feb 2015
CBTS Inc. – Aurora, CO
• Provided ongoing hardware and software support
• Installed and repaired laptops and computers
• Used client ticketing system to provide support
• Troubleshoot network equipment including modems, multiplexers, cables, telephones, and connectors
• Instructed end-users in the use of software, personal computers, and networks
BS in Computer Sciences
Aurora State University, Aurora, CO – 2008